Speedway again

Name
Robyn
Edit My Images
No
Last night's meeting at Ipswich - the Witches managed a convincing win over the Eastbourne Eagles in spite of a nasty crash in heat 5 that saw us lose our Team captain - Chris Louis - for the rest of the night and as we now know the rest of the season, with a broken shoulder socket. Chris is a bit of a legend around Ipswich - this is the 21st year of his riding career, and the last 20 of those have been spent riding for his hometown club - the Witches. Have a shot of him to start with...

1)
2339Chrisheat3.jpg

2) Heat 4 - and Jarek Hampel (Ipswich) and Edward kennett (Eastbourne) fight a close first bend...
2341JarekKennettht4.jpg

3) Much rain through the day left the track rather heavy - as Ipswich reserve Chris Shramm is finding out in this one - a track like that's not much fun if you're at the back!

2361Schrammy.jpg

4) Schrammy again - tussling with Eastbourne's Lee Richardson here...
2390SchrammyRichardsonht12.jpg

5) Jarek again, with Lee Richardson in the green helmet.
2413JarekRichardsonht15.jpg

6) Finally, my lads on the trailer having just gone round on their victory parade. Note Tobi Kroner in the front - waving his bottle of fizz for "Man of the match" - and team clown Steve Johnston at the back right.....!
2424Parade.jpg

Thanks for looking, as always all comment welcomed! :)

I know - it's a pain, but my left leg was actually pressed right up against the stock car fence, so I had nowhere further to go that way. It's not often I wish I had the 12-24mm with me at speedway, but last night......! :bang:

Back