Answered Spell check

• Thread starter Deleted member 34016
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 34016

Seems to have gone for the forum- or is it something I've done my end ?

Any help appreciated as my spelling is appaling

Les :)

Well, itd pickd uop alll thede trpos foer me.

Spell check working for me, I'm not even sure its a forum thing,
but more an add on to your web browser.

Not sure what browser you use, Les but in Edge, if you click on the three dots at the top right, you get a drop down menu with "Settings" and a cog near the bottom of the list. Click on that and you get an option to search for settings and typing "Spell" is enough to get the Spell Check control panel up. Just make sure you click on the UK English option rather than the US!

Not sure what browser you use, Les but in Edge, if you click on the three dots at the top right, you get a drop down menu with "Settings" and a cog near the bottom of the list. Click on that and you get an option to search for settings and typing "Spell" is enough to get the Spell Check control panel up. Just make sure you click on the UK English option rather than the US!

Thank you buddy- I use Edge on Windows 10- I'll give that a go :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I got this and spell check will still not pick up mis-spelled words on this forum......

01HdcVA.jpg

any idea's Guy's ?

My spell check works when I type an e mail- just not here in this forum - so I will appologise in advance for any dodgy posts :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

My spell check works when I type an e mail- just not here in this forum - so I will appologise in advance for any dodgy posts :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Weird!

I wonder if the Style makes a difference - I use Neutral.

Dump that Edge (Chrome) rubbish and use Firefox. I've been using it since version 1 in 2004 and have yet to find a better browser.

Downloaded and installed Firefox - give that a go :)

Reactions: Sky
Could you elaberate on that Nod please?

Les

At the bottom left of the page, there's a word beside a little paint brush - Day, Night or Neutral. It most likely has no impact on anything other than the appearance of the forum but anythings possible with computers!!!

At the bottom left of the page, there's a word beside a little paint brush - Day, Night or Neutral. It most likely has no impact on anything other than the appearance of the forum but anythings possible with computers!!!

I see that- its just for the appearance of the PC

Les :)

I have a vague recollection of the theme having an impact on something a few years back (? hiding sections of the forum ?).

I have a vague recollection of the theme having an impact on something a few years back (? hiding sections of the forum ?).

It *shouldn't* AFAIK. The different themes that members have access to are literally just colour / theme style changes.

I know it shouldn't but I'm sure there was an issue a few years back - possibly pre-Xen. We used to be able to hide sections on a semi-permanent basis but it didn't work in one of the themes.

Back