Spider Saturday

What did you use for these Jordan? They look like great shots but on my phone they're not looking very sharp? Aside for sharpness I like all 3 :) the first 2 are fab and the last is great so you have an eye for capturing great macros just not sure about the detail when zoomed in but as I said might be my phone :)

What did you use for these Jordan? They look like great shots but on my phone they're not looking very sharp? Aside for sharpness I like all 3 :) the first 2 are fab and the last is great so you have an eye for capturing great macros just not sure about the detail when zoomed in but as I said might be my phone :)

They appear to be sharp for me, captured on a 7D with a 50mm F2.5 Macro.

I am sorry but they are sharp IMO.
1 is motion blur of the subject I think
2 f3.2 is not enough for Dof try upping the ISO I shoot at ISO 3200 on my olympus
3lacks Dof and is again noisy

Definitely some movement blur in the first, but it's a good action shot of the spider wrapping up it's prey. The motion blur actually works quite well here, you can just imagine it spinning it's cocoon, just a shame the eyes have moved also.

The other two look sharper to me and that's a lovely looking spider in the third. Overall though I like the first one best, despite the movement. If you have any other frames of the spider in that position where the eyes are sharp, I'd be tempted to clone them in. Some might call this cheating, but who are we to judge?

Last edited:
Definitely some movement blur in the first, but it's a good action shot of the spider wrapping up it's prey. The motion blur actually works quite well here, you can just imagine it spinning it's cocoon, just a shame the eyes have moved also.

That's what I was going for. It was a speedy little thing!

I am sorry but they are sharp IMO.
1 is motion blur of the subject I think
2 f3.2 is not enough for Dof try upping the ISO I shoot at ISO 3200 on my olympus
3lacks Dof and is again noisy

Cheers for your comment. Feedback noted.

Back