Spiders on the 6x Magger

Name
Bryn
Edit My Images
Yes
Some spiders from this evening with some testing.

Again with Reversed Kit Lens + 1.4x TC and same light setup I use on the Reversed Kit Lens.

More on my Flickr

1. 55mm Infinity

Autumn Bugs_RKLTC-5923-10
by bthomas124, on Flickr

2. 35mm Infinity

Autumn Bugs_RKLTC-5926-12
by bthomas124, on Flickr

3. 24mm Infinity

Autumn Bugs_RKLTC-5925-11
by bthomas124, on Flickr

4. 18mm Infinity

Autumn Bugs_RKLTC-5927-13
by bthomas124, on Flickr

Autumn Bugs_RKLTC-5929-15
by bthomas124, on Flickr

Autumn Bugs_RKLTC-5933-19
by bthomas124, on Flickr

Autumn Bugs_RKLTC-5930-16
by bthomas124, on Flickr

Autumn Bugs_RKLTC-5974-42
by bthomas124, on Flickr

All comments welcome and appreciated.

:ty:

Superb all superb. Just amazing how small this spider must be yet it still has a fur coat, just amazing. :eek:

Great set Bryn 2 3 &4 are great.

Great set there Bryn, the detail etc is amazing. Keep up the good work.(y)

George.

Great set Bryn 2 3 &4 are great.

Thanks a lot Alf appreciated

Scary seeing them THAT CLOSE :exit:

Les :confused:

Don't let it haunt your dreams Les. Thanks glad you like it

Great set there Bryn, the detail etc is amazing. Keep up the good work.(y)

George.

I will try George, hopefully be enough stuff about yo warranty the use of this setup. Thanks for the comment

Holly crapolla.....Im not looking any more :jawdrop: #1 is blooming awesome.

PMSL one of the funniest post in a while maybe I need to point @Cg_Girl and @Gremlin at these for more s***'s and giggles.

Thanks for comment glad you liked them.

I have one word.. 2 actually but the first begins with F and ends in G and will get me banned... 2nd is GIT!:mad::runaway::runaway:

Ok so they are reddish (although they do have a blue tinge) so let me guess Red Panda Spiders :D

Love that first one (y)

All fabulous shots with atmosphere and great detail and also exemplary spider stalking skills! How did it allow you so close?

Forgiving my ignorance, what does " **mm infinity " mean, please?

Forgiving my ignorance, what does " **mm infinity " mean, please?

Focal length used and focal distance used. Hope that makes sense.

Thanks for comment. This spider was very co-operating so was lucky.

Focal length used and focal distance used. Hope that makes sense.

....Sorry but I don't understand yet. I checked the data on your shots on Flickr but no mention of which lens (doubtless because it was reverse mounted).

Was it a zoom lens set at **mm but focussed at infinity?

Thanks for your patience with my question but I am keen to learn.

WOW that is very detailed close shot! They aren't that big, you ever got too close and squished 1 trying to focus?

What a fantastic set Bryn, amazing detail. It looks a real beast that close up :)

....Sorry but I don't understand yet. I checked the data on your shots on Flickr but no mention of which lens (doubtless because it was reverse mounted).

Was it a zoom lens set at **mm but focussed at infinity?

Thanks for your patience with my question but I am keen to learn.

No problems sorry I have been bad and taken the assumption every knows what lens I reverse. It is the kit lens 18-55mm.

So yes lens set at focal **mm and focused at infinity or closest.

I will in future mention the lens used. (y)

WOW that is very detailed close shot! They aren't that big, you ever got too close and squished 1 trying to focus?

Thanks but no squishing has happened yet though I have knocked a few bugs out of the way with the flash gun. :LOL:

What a fantastic set Bryn, amazing detail. It looks a real beast that close up :)

Thanks much appreciated, I'm finding that there is so much more detail and "skin texture" to be obtained on these mini beasts.

Excellent work Bryn. Decent mag from the set up and great shots.

Excellent work Bryn. Decent mag from the set up and great shots.

Thanks Ian, I do think I need to do something more to the lighting as I tend to have to reduce the highlights and whites so much but thankfully it doesmt blow the highlights.

Check out your white balance also. These look a bit cold to me (don't forget your diffusion material can also throw things off).

Amazing close-ups though, great detail. Looks like you managed to find a willing subject.

Check out your white balance also. These look a bit cold to me (don't forget your diffusion material can also throw things off).

Amazing close-ups though, great detail. Looks like you managed to find a willing subject.

Cheers, i noticed after I posted the blue hue... I did want a little bit cooler than normal for mood but agree think its too far that way.

Back