Spinnaker Tower Charity Rap Jump Gopro (or similar) help!

Name
Phil
Edit My Images
No
On the 10th May myself and my brother in-law are doing rap jump down the outside of the 170 metre Spinnaker Tower in Portsmouth for Prince of Wales Royal Regiment Benevolent fund (to help injured soldiers and their families). Rap jumping is essentially abseiling, but the rope is attached to your back and you are facing the ground, the idea being that you 'run' down the side of the structure.

What I really need is a Gopro (or similar) to video what we're doing - helmet or jacket/shirt mounted would be perfect. If anyone would be willing to lend me what I need that would be amazing - I'll happily cover postage and replacement costs in the unlikely event anything gets damaged.

I'll post up some pics and the video here once its done, I've never done anything like this before (and bricking it a little), but having heard first hand what some of the guys from this regiment have been through I'd like to do anything I can to help. I'm not sure if this is within forum rules but if anyone wants to donate my 'Just Giving' page has just gone up - https://www.justgiving.com/phil-senior2

Spinnaker Tower - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spinnaker_Tower

Last edited:
what dates do you need it for ?> Just that date...?

I already have one on loan but am happy to assist you if possible, I have 2 Gopro 2's, chest harness or helmet mount, Will you also require a SD card >?

Last edited:
what dates do you need it for ?> Just that date...?

I already have one on loan but am happy to assist you if possible, I have 2 Gopro 2's, chest harness or helmet mount, Will you also require a SD card >?

That would be awesome thanks, very much appreciated. It is just the 10th I need it for, I'm not sure which type of mount would be best but I do have plenty of SD cards. Where about's are you based? I'm happy to collect or can transfer over money to cover postage etc...

Do you have a company name you'd like us to mention (as thanks) should the organisers manage to get some press coverage?

Thanks again Pete.

Back