Spotting fake Sandisk IV cards

Name
Willie
Edit My Images
Yes
What is the best way to spot a fake Sandisk Extreme IV CF card?

Thanks

I personally just buy from Amazon. I find their memory prices are always superb, IMO no chance of getting a fake there, as long as you are buying from amazon direct and not someone on their marketplace.

I know how to find out once you've bought it. Thats probably not what you meant though?

Just in case you did...

Go into my computer with the sandisk card loaded. Right click on the sandisk drive. Click properties and click hardware. It should show up as:

04112008718.jpg

Sorry about the crap image. It was taken with a phone.

Kev.

Fake ones tend not to have a serial number on the edge, well the fake one I have doesn't. But impossible to tell if buying from a marketplace such as Amazon unless its from a reputable seller.

I have the chance of a 8gb card advertised locally and will get the chance to examine it before handing over any cash. (y)

Thanks for the link hoseman-ad.

According to the link QUOTE "You can use any PCMCIA CF Card Adapter to reveal its true manufacturer's code property inside the CF card. The common USB Card Reader will NOT be able to reveal this information."

Hi Keyshore
I tried an Ultra II & a Extreme III which have all the correct external looks but do not show in Properties on my PC when card reader used. Do not have a PCMCIA card to use which seems the best way to check.

Back