Critique Sri Lanka

Name
Lee
Edit My Images
No
Recently spent a couple of weeks touring round Sri Lanka and what a fabulous place I really enjoyed it and definitely recommend a visit . Heres a collection of shots taken during this trip all comments welcome as im always trying to improve and go beyond the standard holiday snaps .

Sri Lanka
by LeeBlack1979, on Flickr

Sri Lanka , Polonnaruwa Lake

Sri Lanka

Sri Lanka , Polonnaruwa Lake Fishermen

Sri Lanka , Negombo

Thanks for looking

Lee

Bringing back happy memories ... last two would be my favourites :)

I've not been there but got a tiny bit of a 'feel' for the place from my father who spent a few years there, albeit a very long time ago when it was called Ceylon.............
#1 - I see what you were trying to convey but the people in the background are distracting. It would also help if the woman was leaning forward a bit more as I had to look twice to see that she was making the subject together with the man, if that makes sense. However, it's a candid shot so you can't exactly pose them how you'd like them.
#2 - I really like this one. Beautiful sky, lovely reflection, the way the water runs in channels through the vegetation gives foreground interest.
#3 - you were probably constrained by the space and location but it would have been better without the railings and with all the elephant. That said, the elephant is clearly enjoying its bath.
#4 & 5 - I love both of these. Apart from being well executed they say something about the land and its people. In fact they all do.
I'd say you've got well above 'holiday snap' standard.

Great pics, still one country i haven't managed to get to yet.

Thanks Phill . The kit used was a canon 5d mk2 and 17-40mm , 24-105mm and 100-400mm L lenses . I will have a look at the contrast in the last

Back