SRS Microsystems

Edit My Images
Yes
I'm thinking of getting a lens from their store in Watford and just wondered if anyone had bought anything from there before - any feedback good or bad??

Alison :)

I bought a camera rucksac (Crumpler Zoomiverse) from them via their Ebay site a couple of months ago.

It arrived in double-quick time, exactly as described and about £40.00 cheaper than I could find it anywhere else.

I had no problems at all. Hope this helps.

(I'm sure there has been feedback about this firm on here before - perhaps a forum search)?

I bought a lens from them before and a few other pieces of kit. The lens was in brand new condition although one thing that was missing was the original Nikon cap for the rear of the lens.

I recommend them as they also *sometimes* price match with other online retailers, so make sure you shop around and see what else is available before you go there.

I bought a camera rucksac (Crumpler Zoomiverse) from them via their Ebay site a couple of months ago.

It arrived in double-quick time, exactly as described and about £40.00 cheaper than I could find it anywhere else.

I had no problems at all. Hope this helps.

(I'm sure there has been feedback about this firm on here before - perhaps a forum search)?

Thanks for the info Keith, I did a search for them earlier - seems most people have found them ok & cheaper than a lot of places, although a couple of people said their ebay items weren't as described - I just wondered if anyone had actually been to their shop :)

I bought a lens from them before and a few other pieces of kit. The lens was in brand new condition although one thing that was missing was the original Nikon cap for the rear of the lens.

I recommend them as they also *sometimes* price match with other online retailers, so make sure you shop around and see what else is available before you go there.

Thanks, it's good to hear the lens was ok though, they are one of the cheaper prices I've found for the lens I'm after and I can trade a lens in on it too which the other places I've tried don't do :)

I bought my Pentax K20D body from them.
Placed the order on their website then got an email saying it was out of stock and they were waiting on supplies being brought into the UK from Europe.

They supplied it within a week.

They responded to all email within an hour.

I think I once read something negative about them on this forum - I think the name was disguised though for their reputation. Will do some digging. If it wasnt on here then it was an another forum. Was something to do with used or reconditioned gear being passed off as new.

Just remember this as it put me off a purchase. Need to do some creative searching now to find that thread:LOL:!

Been to their shop a few times in Watford and Harrow, they have been there for many years, infact as long as I can remember, never had any problems from in the past.

Bought a Tamrac camera bag from them on eBay, delivered quickly, no problems at all. Would use them again. (y)

Both Flash in the Pan and I haven't had brilliant experiences, but they did refund fully (including return postage) in my case.

These days, I would ring any dealer up and check the stock situation. If they've only one of an item, ask if it's been on display or tried by a customer. Online sellers usually prefer you to make the transaction online, but SRS are bricks and mortar too, and deserve support for not restricting themselves to the two dominant brands.

I bought my Pentax K20D body from them.
Placed the order on their website then got an email saying it was out of stock and they were waiting on supplies being brought into the UK from Europe.

They supplied it within a week.

They responded to all email within an hour.

That all sounds good then, thanks :)

I think I once read something negative about them on this forum - I think the name was disguised though for their reputation. Will do some digging. If it wasnt on here then it was an another forum. Was something to do with used or reconditioned gear being passed off as new.

Just remember this as it put me off a purchase. Need to do some creative searching now to find that thread:LOL:!

Did you find anything yet?

Been to their shop a few times in Watford and Harrow, they have been there for many years, infact as long as I can remember, never had any problems from in the past.

Thank you for the info :)

Bought a Tamrac camera bag from them on eBay, delivered quickly, no problems at all. Would use them again. (y)

Another thumbs up then, that's good :)

Both Flash in the Pan and I haven't had brilliant experiences, but they did refund fully (including return postage) in my case.

These days, I would ring any dealer up and check the stock situation. If they've only one of an item, ask if it's been on display or tried by a customer. Online sellers usually prefer you to make the transaction online, but SRS are bricks and mortar too, and deserve support for not restricting themselves to the two dominant brands.

Sorry to hear you had bad experiences with them, was this with their shop or ebay items? I'm going to go along there tomorrow and have a look I think :)

Thanks everyone :)

Just remember this as it put me off a purchase. Need to do some creative searching now to find that thread!

I use their Rayners Lane branch and have had no problems, in fact they are very helpful and knowledgeable.
Highly recommended.

Yup, a bunch of chancers, they did refund my money in full, but only after I let them know I had reported them to Nikon for swapping the genuine Nikon batteries out of cameras and replacing them with Chinese ones.

Until I mentioned that I'd contacted Nikon they were adamant that Nikon supplied them the cameras with the fake batteries.

I found them to be excellent - I bought a lens from them, and it didn't have any warranty paperwork. After some concerns I'd been sold a Grey Import, SRS got Nikon UK to send me the paperwork.

Friendly on the 'phone, and responsive.

Weird definition of excellent!

Weird definition of excellent!

Weird in what way? Nikon presumably didn't put the paperwork in the box. SRS arranged for it to be sent.

They offered me:

1) Get Nikon to send the missing paperwork
2) Refund
3) Replacement with another lens

Sorry, but you may have a beef with them, but I found the solution to be fine, and they were VERY responsive, and called me on the phone twice (unprompted).

Excellent, to me, means Right First Time. I don't know whether Nikon boxes are sealed, which would be an excuse for not checking the contents.

I'm pleased to hear that the transaction was satisfactorily completed and hope they strive for excellence rather than be the chancers that more than a few dealers are proving to be.

Well, I went along to their Watford shop and found them to be really helpful & very friendly. It's not the biggest of shops but they seem to have plenty of stock.

I got the Sigma 70-300 f/4-5.6 APO DG Macro at a really good price and they did me a really good trade in on it too, so I'm well chuffed with them (y)

Alison :)

I bought my Sigma 150-500mm from them, I had no problems what so ever, they were very helpful.

Back