!st attempt at proper portrait

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Well sort of, Carla doesnt like her photo being taken (tough, Ive got a bleeding camera) so this was a compromise between candid and 'now just look at me'

Im going to practise with mates and try get some decent shots together (seriously she hates having her photo taken, got about a million grumpy faced pics of her to every smiley one) but happy enough with this one for now.

taken in the shade because its so sunny here at the mo (looking forward to moving to derby...) with my sigma

DSCF3869.jpg

That's a lovely natural looking picture. I like the colours too. The subtle blues and the warm tones of her hair skin and bag compliment each other.

Well sounds like you've done well to get this picture then! :)

Nice, love the DOF and the expression. Nice and natural!

cheers guys, this is actually the first of 3 parts: this is 'what' next we have 'the' and the third im too embarrassed to say :D

stunning lady, outstanding shot, well done.

I can't see why she doesn't like he picture being taken, she's very photogenic and it's a nice one of her :)

I think it's a vanity thing, my wife hates her picture being taken because she doesn't like what she sees, I point out she's not 22 anymore, and er well, the single bed is very comfortable

I point out she's not 22 anymore

you must be a real hit with your wife!

yeah she just feels self conscious (my gf not your wife, ive no idea how she feels) and while she likes the results she feels v uncomfortable actually having a camera pointed at her and then having to smile, which is a shame because it doesnt stop me

50-150, awesome lens for its size and weight (about 300g lighter than a 70-200 tamron) and great range for me. Ive started becoming quite attached to the dof you can produce with 2.8 at longer focal lengths

Back