St Bees big sky mono

That's phenominal.
Hope the chap with the dog glances round to see what's coming...

Heavens - quite literally!

That is a beast. I find myself looking at it again and again, very foreboding, lovely quality in the reflections.

For me the distant figure has more effect than the man and dog, the latter just pulls the eye off and steals some of the sense of majesty and scale. I also think something would be gained rather than lost if you attempted to subtly further separate the cloud and the land immediately beneath the vortex of the storm on the left hand side.

Very nice indeed. My only suggestions would be

1. To dodge / brighten the man and dog as they sort of merge into the posts behind them and it would be nice if the stood out more.
2. To crop or clone the top left hand side as the small bit of dark cloud catches my eye for some reason.

Love it though.

That's phenominal.
Hope the chap with the dog glances round to see what's coming...

Thanks Paul

Heavens - quite literally!

That is a beast. I find myself looking at it again and again, very foreboding, lovely quality in the reflections.

For me the distant figure has more effect than the man and dog, the latter just pulls the eye off and steals some of the sense of majesty and scale. I also think something would be gained rather than lost if you attempted to subtly further separate the cloud and the land immediately beneath the vortex of the storm on the left hand side.

Thanks Toby I am sure more could be done to process this better this was a fairly quick mono conversion I may put a bit more work in I think.

Very nice indeed. My only suggestions would be

1. To dodge / brighten the man and dog as they sort of merge into the posts behind them and it would be nice if the stood out more.
2. To crop or clone the top left hand side as the small bit of dark cloud catches my eye for some reason.

Love it though.

Nguss Thanks
The guy with the dog was in deep shaddow I have lifted it a lot already but could do more I geuss.
I find myself wanting more on the left and there was some blue sky there maybe another go at the stich would help with that.

Really beautiful monochrome image, great image elements and the mono processing is very strong.

It would be interesting if there was more on the left, would love to see it.

I will have a look when I get time

Really beautiful monochrome image, great image elements and the mono processing is very strong.

Thanks Adian

Fantastic Alf hope you managed to keep dry?

Thanks Kevin
This was one of those showers that you will have seen many of that just pass you by with a light sprinkle at the edge.
It was proably off the Ennerdale where I had been an hour earlier.

Like it, nice processing. Wish the man with the dog was standing further into the frame looking out to sea/at the approaching storm though...

Like it, nice processing. Wish the man with the dog was standing further into the frame looking out to sea/at the approaching storm though...

Thanks Craig but you cant have it all

That's a heck of a weather front coming in there Alf, a really stunning photograph. A nice supporting reflection in the sea. I like the crop too, it really works well. Bet it wasn't just your toes that got wet.
Cracking shot well exposed Alf

Back