St Mary's Lighthouse (whitley Bay tyneside)

Name
paul rogers
Edit My Images
Yes
Long exposure of 240 seconds around 18-13pm tonight at St Mary's Lighthouse
colour version.
I was there the last three evenings after work.
but it has been overcast for two of them and last night was rain and tonight it was cloudy with sunshine popping in and out of the clouds managed to capture this
for your consideration

14907974781_f2e909d61f_o.jpg

Excellent composition with great atmosphere a really well executed shot GR8 work.

Must be great to live near the coast :(

My immediate reaction was, not sure about the blue, but I kept looking and it really works for me. Well composed and cracking placement of the lighthouse. The lighthouse really pops and the lead in from the lower left works well.

Although the duration works really well with the clouds I to tend to like a little more detail in the water.

Good show.

Cheers.

The only bug I have with this is that the horizon is so close to the centre.
Other than that I think it's a cracker. I love how you can just see the causeway over to the lighthouse under the water.

Great shot, Like Ruth, I love that you can see the causeway under the water, and is that the subtle reflection of the lighthouse beside it? Well worth the long exposure Paul, Cracking Shot!
Thanks for posting this.

Wow really chuffed with the response and kind comments greatly appreciated.
Will keep me going

I like that Paul, your persistence paid off. The composition's very nice and you have a surreal image with heaps of atmosphere. Have you tried a monochrome conversion? I think that might be interesting.

Thank you all it is greatly appreciated.
I love taking photograph's but some times we all wain after a while.
I need to get out more and comments like his make me want to keep going. waterfalls are me favourite thing to capture..
here another one but less of a exposure time

14733698580_d49e3b2dcb_o.jpg

I like the light and feel of the photo but there is something really odd about processing. I could only guess it was totally underexposed, pulled a few stops in post and had a lot of NR applied? Did I get it completely wrong?

Sorry daugirdas completely the opp. I darkend the sky with curve bit dodging on the water and sharpend it but NO noise reduction also no boost.

Sorry daugirdas completely the opp. I darkend the sky with curve bit dodging on the water and sharpend it but NO noise reduction also no boost.

Fair enough. It could be very high JPEG compression that is causing this effect.

are they boats on the horizon to the left hand side? I'd think about cloning them out

Prefer the second shot, I like the varying blue tones.

oROSSo
that is the coast line you can just make out Power station, factories ,etc thank you all again for the kind remarks
here one more B+W conversion a little Darker

14941430831_7eeebc67f3_c.jpg

Ghost, I love this b&w shot. I also really loke the atmospheric sense in the first pic.
Fabulous work. Well done!

I like them all. But I think number one the most calm and relaxing works for me this time:)

Back