St Michael's Mount image added

Absolutely beautiful.

Is is beautiful. The rays in the sky have almost an auroral effect. Did you know you were going to get that effect or was it a happy accident (I'm speaking as one who's never used an ND filter so I have no experience of the effects). But I made the mistake (?) of looking at it on Flickr and going to your photostream. For me the one next to it (Golden Light?) is even better.

Absolutely beautiful.

Thanks Ruth!

Is is beautiful. The rays in the sky have almost an auroral effect. Did you know you were going to get that effect or was it a happy accident (I'm speaking as one who's never used an ND filter so I have no experience of the effects). But I made the mistake (?) of looking at it on Flickr and going to your photostream. For me the one next to it (Golden Light?) is even better.

Thanks Jan! The clouds looked perfect for a long exposure, with a nice bit of movement and some good colours so I was hopeful it would come out well! I was a bit hesitant to post the golden light shot, not much tweaking in LR and dropped the orange saturation a bit it still looks a bit wrong to me!!

That is one gorgeous picture ! I also love the 'golden light' shot on your Flickr page.

That's one "Cracking" shot John. Nothing more to say about it.(y)

George.

I'm not usually the fond of these very long exposures but this is a real triumph...bravo :)

Just echoing the above, stunning John, absolutely nailed it mate. The sea almost like an inversion layer, the rocks and St Michael's mount could be floating on cloud. The streaming clouds are stunning with the multi coloured rays spilling out of the horizon, it just sucks you straight into the picture. Beautiful clear detail in the foreground rocks.
Great work John!

An absolute stunner.

Many thanks Paul!

Wow I really like it. Good stuff!!!

Thanks Mike!

That is one gorgeous picture ! I also love the 'golden light' shot on your Flickr page.

Thanks James, I'm going to post that shot in a moment and see how people like it!

BLAST !!!
you have topped mine with a great sunrise from perranuthno area
it has that...'independence' look
well done
cheers
geof

Thanks Geof. Not quite Perranuthnoe :)

That's one "Cracking" shot John. Nothing more to say about it.(y)

George.

Thank you George!

Lovely shot

Thanks Jon!

I'm not usually the fond of these very long exposures but this is a real triumph...bravo :)

Thanks Nick!

beautiful!

Thanks Darthchaffinch, great name!!

Thank you Norkie!

That is fantastic

Cheers Michael!

Just echoing the above, stunning John, absolutely nailed it mate. The sea almost like an inversion layer, the rocks and St Michael's mount could be floating on cloud. The streaming clouds are stunning with the multi coloured rays spilling out of the horizon, it just sucks you straight into the picture. Beautiful clear detail in the foreground rocks.
Great work John!

Thank you Steve, I've been trying to get a decent long exposure of the Mount for a while, this was an unplanned trip at the last minute so I'm very happy the way it came out!

Wow, that's one hell of a good shot as well John. I like it very much.(y)

George.

Not overdone for me. It's very dramatic whereas '180 seconds' is peaceful and calming. They are both well composed with excellent lighting, though I find the buildings in '180 seconds' a bit more of a distraction because there isn't the same foreground interest to keep my eye away from them. I just like a bit of drama............

Here's the sunset from the same evening. As i said I was a bit hesitant to post this as I think it has an "overdone" look, I haven't really touched it that much in lightroom and even dropped the saturation and the orange channel.

Golden light by T_J_P, on Flickr

But the first one is also a sunset, or am I missing something?

2nd image is another beauty.

First image I am not fussed by but I love that sunset.

Wow, that's one hell of a good shot as well John. I like it very much.(y)

George.

Thanks George!

Not overdone for me. It's very dramatic whereas '180 seconds' is peaceful and calming. They are both well composed with excellent lighting, though I find the buildings in '180 seconds' a bit more of a distraction because there isn't the same foreground interest to keep my eye away from them. I just like a bit of drama............

Thanks Jan. I may have a go at cloning those buildings out! Nice to hear about the drama as that is what I try to go for in my coastal stuff :)

Two beautiful images

Thank you Graham!

Wow, two amazing shots !!!
You should offer them to the tourist board.

Thanks Paul! I may just see if they could use them.

Two very good images. Well done.

Thanks Rory!

Both very nice shots. Print them and hang them!

Many thanks Alan, they are already in the print folder :)

But the first one is also a sunset, or am I missing something?

Yes they are both sunsets, I meant to call the 2nd shot a more standard sunset!

2nd image is another beauty.

Thanks Ruth!

First image I am not fussed by but I love that sunset.

Thank you Alf!

Back