Stainless steel

Edit My Images
No
An "abstractish" shot of a couple of stainless steel kitchen utensils using a macro lens, TTL flash, and a home-made reflector. Given a slight green cast in post processing. Another shot from the "Empty glasses" session.

Tony

For more info go to: http://photoreflect.blogspot.com

Stainless-steel-1.jpg

You and hacker must be at the same level of bored! I don't like this one as much as the glasses but it is still interesting and I can see it on the walls of a trendy restraunt.

Nice idea Tony ... and it works quite well ... (y) ... for me though ... the bottom item is fine and works quite well ... the top one however is quite distracting because it is so finely scratched all over ... imo ... :thinking:

I also think the bright spots ... are a little too ... bright ... again imo ... :shrug:

I can't help thinking it might be better not seeing the straight edge at bottom right of pic too ... :thinking:

:p

Thanks for the comments H.R & Venomator - I appreciate the feedback and observations.

Venomator, I worked on the scratches, but couldn't make them go away completely. I did consider a soft focus!! As for the background intruding, if you look top left you'll see a touch too. The size of the utensils meant I couldn't keep the nice "S" shaped curves and exclude the background :crying: . And believe me I tried! I learned a long time ago that photography, like politics, is the art of the possible. The brightness I'm OK with, and I increased it in shooting to give a strong contrast.

Regards, Tony

Back