Star & Dexter

Good set Bethy. I quite like the yellow background too. It may be the processing you have applied or the reflection from the yellow floor, but they look a little hazy to me - almost like a sun glare?

Bethy you know I love your work but on this occasion I find the yellow too in my face & hard to look at for long --- sorry but I accept others will like - -- I'm obviously as awkward bugga :thinking:

Hey, not a problem, John. I appreciate your honesty! To be fair, I'm normally a more neutral kinda gal, but I had a small roll that I'd not used, thought I'd give it a go... an experiment I suppose. These are actually quite toned down... the unedited are much harsher.

Bethy, I love the warmth in your model and the interaction. I also have no problem with the yellow background, but I do think that they are half a stop over exposed as you're losing a touch of definition on her face.

Bethy, I love the warmth in your model and the interaction. I also have no problem with the yellow background, but I do think that they are half a stop over exposed as you're losing a touch of definition on her face.

Ahhh, thanks Dean... you could very well be right. My monitor hasn't been calibrated in awhile, and along with the processing, it may have thrown the exposure out a bit. I'll have to have another look at it. :)

Ahhh, thanks Dean... you could very well be right. My monitor hasn't been calibrated in awhile, and along with the processing, it may have thrown the exposure out a bit. I'll have to have another look at it. :)

I noticed the same thing on your other recent post and wondered if it was just a stylistic preference so didn't comment further. You're a good enough photographer to know that there is no one "correct" exposure so it may be that is how you like it. :)

I really love the yellow background. Works really well. I don't mind portraits a bit brighter as that's what I often do so assumed it was intentional. Wither way, I really like them.

I really love the yellow background. Works really well. I don't mind portraits a bit brighter as that's what I often do so assumed it was intentional. Wither way, I really like them.

I know. I'm always wary of making comments about exposure to good photographers in case it's a style they prefer.

Thanks Gareth. :)

I know. I'm always wary of making comments about exposure to good photographers in case it's a style they prefer.

I did want the final image to be a bit brighter, but I may have blown the whites a wee bit in post. Sometimes it takes another set of eyes to point that out. :)

And thank you for the compliment!

Back