Steam specials on the mainline.

Edit My Images
No
It's been a bit quiet for steam specials oop north just recently so it was great to get some activity in the last week even if it was the same loco.

"Scots Guardsman" here with "The Cotton Mill Express" before it failed at Manchester.
2455a.jpg

Last week saw the start of "The Scarborough Spa Express" which runs Tues-Thurs. inc. until the end of August,
the first week being handled by "Scots Guardsman".
2473a.jpg

"Scots Guardsman" passing the R.S.P.B. reserve at Fairburn Ings, I also did a two shot panorama of this one, HERE.
2582a.jpg

Week two and a change of loco, Class 5 No. 45407.
2737a.jpg

Thanks for looking.
yo.gif

Nice detailed shot's #1+4 being my fav'..:)

Very nice. I only got a photo of it once, daa'n south, a couple of weeks ago & the light was bad.

Thanks for the comments glad you like them, and Chris did you get any joy at Fairburn on Friday?
very embarrassed to admit that I got my times wrong and went an hour after the event
I had got it in my mind that it was 11.40am and discovered I was too late that it was 10.40am :bang:
would of gone today but the sky is garbage clagged in etc so will bide my time but will get there in the end

Thanks for posting. Number 4 for me is a stunning shot - the composition really works with the posts each side. Thanks - I learn so much from looking at the photos posted on here...

SUPERB set Mr Swiss!!!!!

While the whole collection are of high quality and they really do the job, the first photo is just stunning! Loving that one a lot because it looks so good with all levels and colour being spot on.

Excellent work!

Thanks everyone for taking the time to comment, it's much appreciated.

I'm hoping to get some more in the next few weeks so if they're any good I'll post them.

1 and 4 are stunning ,Stuart,almost a touch of HDR to look at,lovely contrast and sky definition.
1 the pic because it has steam up .

Thanks for posting,
Regards,
Pons

Back