Steppe Eagle

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
Yes
Animals aren't really something I shoot and so I'd love some feedback on this shot of a Steppe Eagle - is there another way I can process the image to improve it? I conscious of the fact that often my processing lets my images down.

I don't like the fact the beak is out of focus, I'm not 100% sure why as I shot at F5.6 and there should have been sufficient DOF. This is my favourite shot of the day, so I'll have to roll with it.

Steppe Eagle by BenCremin, on Flickr

It looks a bit over sharpened imo but that can be eased off. Maybe you should have tried f/8 - f/11 for a greater dof, to get the beak in focus as well. The exposure and framing look ok but I'm seeing a lot of striation marks in the bg, which may be a result of the sharpening.

Like you said it's a pity the beak is OOF there is no way to improve this in post processing. The eye is great and I think the bird should have been a bit father to the left.

dof relies on more than the f stop it depends on the distance from lens to subject also the focal lenth of the lens

From a novices perspective. I like it a lot, I would be proud of it. With peoples comments taken into account its still a really good shot. At least its not the beak in focus and the eyes and the bulk of the head not.

Back