Marie
Edit My Images
No
1 Vertical shot
15631133361_348a0732da_o.jpg

2 A square crop
15634637082_e999e1dbbb_o.jpg

Thanks folks for the comments.
I favour the first one myself because its framed by the heather at the bottom and the flowing water isn't 'cut-off' bottom right.

Wonderful light and I like them both for different reasons but i prefer the square crop as I don't think you've cut off too much of the waterfall and it connects the foreground and the mountain together better for me.

Ah good. It's brown now and got some snow on it. Both aspect ratio's suit this. I might have wanted you there just a bit earler in the day, just to make the light a little more interesting but for the conditions/light there is nothing wrong here and a lot to like

Ah good. It's brown now and got some snow on it. Both aspect ratio's suit this. I might have wanted you there just a bit earler in the day, just to make the light a little more interesting but for the conditions/light there is nothing wrong here and a lot to like

These were shot in April hence the snow. I was there reasonably early, but had to wait when a big eejit came along and set up in front of me with his zeiss 21mm and little stopper :p

These were shot in April hence the snow. I was there reasonably early, but had to wait when a big eejit came along and set up in front of me with his zeiss 21mm and little stopper :p

That was me...seriously. I took a taxi up to get this shot. I remember a woman being there, Canon gear. I was the bearded dude in the joggies. I am about 6ft tall.

I took two...

Conditions look familiar. I've cut the pool off a little...a mistake I won't make again

_DSC0184 by SFTPhotography, on Flickr

_DSC0190 by SFTPhotography, on Flickr

I felt I was just a tad too late myself.

Last edited:
I know it was you, hence the comment :D
I figured it out a while later from stuff you posted on here, but I was keeping #1 for POTY competition so couldn't post it until after it was judged.

I know it was you, hence the comment :D
I figured it out a while later from stuff you posted on here, but I was keeping #1 for POTY competition so couldn't post it until after it was judged.

I guessed afters. Wasn't sure. Anyway, nice to sort of meet you. Good luck with POTY and that you know I am real, not just a bloke on the internet.

Keep me away from here, just take a snarling dog. I'll not go near

Last edited:
I guessed afters. Wasn't sure. Anyway, nice to sort of meet you. Good luck with POTY and that you know I am real, not just a bloke on the internet.

Keep me away from here, just take a snarling dog. I'll not go near

Lol cheers. I was staying in Glencoe area that week, didn't have my dogs with me. Weather was good though, although some days were too good/cloudless. Never thought I'd say that about Glencoe!

Lol cheers. I was staying in Glencoe area that week, didn't have my dogs with me. Weather was good though, although some days were too good/cloudless. Never thought I'd say that about Glencoe!

The day before was cloudless, I couldn't get Billy (friend with a taxi) to drive me on the Monday

30mins earlier on Rannoch Moor

_DSC1385 by SFTPhotography, on Flickr

I still think I was just a tad late on this.

Got a lift up 5 days later.

Some cloud

_DSC0370 by SFTPhotography, on Flickr

Nae cloud

_DSC0310 by SFTPhotography, on Flickr

It was a great month April

A couple of good ones there Marie.

I was there yesterday - fortunately not for photography though as the mountain didn't appear to be there LOL

#1 for me, more colour and it needs that heather in the foreground.

Back