Stockport Metro race meet...swimming

Name
Phil
Edit My Images
Yes
I was on a job today at Stockport baths, covering a race meet there...hungover and tired! Had a really good day though, and loved photographing the swimming..reminded me of the blog entries from that guy from the Olympics :p

1) A colleague!
JU7F2587.JPG

2)
JU7F2588.JPG

3) Removed to keep the peace....

4) 0.3 seconds
JU7F2628.JPG

5) A few frames later...0.9 seconds
JU7F2633.JPG

6) 1.5 seconds and 14 frames later...gone!...I love my 1D!
JU7F2640.JPG

7) A swimmer.....
JU7F2677.JPG

8) .....and another
JU7F2731.JPG

Last edited:
good pics, girl i work with son has just joined metro swimmers

that pano make the place look tiny, i remember going when i was young with primary school and it seemed huge!

as another dephoto employee i would seriously suggest taking those images off as you are breaching copyright laws and also child protection.

I'm not actually a DE Photo employee :) These were taken in my time, with my equipment...and none of these are children! (Bar the one on the screen...)

Last edited:
breaching copyright laws and also child protection.

:thinking:

Never really understood that bit about child protection........

Protection from what?, no one has been named, and no personal details disclosed.

And what copyright laws, i take pictures all the time at my daughters swimming meets all over the Northwest, and have NEVER been told its against copyright and i dont use a little P&S either.

Not looking for a disagreement, but just a little confuzzled

lot of crap talked about child protection and where you can and cannot photograph and i do know what i'm talking about wife works for a barrister and he's put me right as it was

he said colleague who had a DEphoto jacket on, he then shows and image on screen taken by a DEphoto employee which is agaist copyright.

I actually took that photo, as I said...I was working on a freelance basis (so not a colleague in the true sense of the word, would 'friend' be better?). At the time I took these photo I was on a break, hence my own time, with my own gear. Happy?

I actually took that photo, as I said...I was working on a freelance basis (so not a colleague in the true sense of the word, would 'friend' be better?). At the time I took these photo I was on a break, hence my own time, with my own gear. Happy?

he said colleague who had a DEphoto jacket on, he then shows and image on screen taken by a DEphoto employee which is agaist copyright.

Posted twice?

accident all im saying is that if your on a dephoto job you are contracted by them for that event so regardless of your breaks you have to obey the rule set out by the business and you have broken several. my advice is take them off or pay the consequences

No contractual facts have been made aware to myself, therefore as far as I am aware not really enforceable. I will take down the shot of my own photo on the computer screen, however the rest I am perfectly entitled to use. They were not submitted to DE Photo for use on sale and were taken in my time.

As a photographer I own copyright to all my photos unless I agree to give or sell the copyright to anyone else, which I have not done. I accept photos submitted to DE Photo are to be used for sale in return for my fee.

wrong - if you take photos for a company you do not have any rights to them and regardless of whos time they were taken in, if you were on the job for dephoto then you have broken strict ruling.

One small point. I didn't take them for the company.

I was scheduled to be working between 8.30am and 12.30ish....and 5 until 9.30pm...I could have gone home, I could have gone to Spain...as far as DE Photo is concerned, between those hours I was a free man.

Last edited:
:shrug: guys, is this an argument best left for elsewhere?

Whatever, the shots are excellent pc, my sister used to swim for Stockport Metros, been a long time since I saw the pool.

Probably! :) There shouldn't really be an issue anyway....

Thanks for the comment! I couldn't believe just how much talent seems to be coming out of the place!

Sorry these photos don't show anyone in a rude way or position and if their is a company their taking photos then the participants parents must all have signed their photo release forms which allows photos of an under 16 to be taken and published on the internet or in print and are signed for by the parent to allow this. Trust me on this issue I have my child protection qualification and I also work with kids, the whole issue is blown over the top 95% of the time. These images are not who evers companys photos these are personal shots.

Anyway what I want to see the photos!! These are really nice shots. I like seven the best a really classic swimming shot! I like eight too but its just not sharp enough for me! really well done :)

Great shots Phil, it's good to see your other work (y)

Though bird photography doesn't seem to engender the same kind of nonsense :D

Anyway what I want to see the photos!! These are really nice shots. I like seven the best a really classic swimming shot! I like eight too but its just not sharp enough for me! really well done :)

Thanks for the write up and comments :) They're much appreciated! Especially good ones :D

Great shots Phil, it's good to see your other work (y)

Though bird photography doesn't seem to engender the same kind of nonsense :D

Cheers Ant :) Swimming pools are a damn sight lot warmer than hides are at this time of year! I must say, there is a communal 'love' over in birds ;)

He cant be a de photo employee as they look to actually be in focus. :bonk::bonk:

Cracking shots.

Last edited:
Great Set - love the apparent eye contact in 7 - although I am sure they had more pressing matters than posing for a picture!!! :LOL:

As for the comments about copyright and child protection, the child protection is a load of tosh! I can not believe fellow toggers are choosing to attack one another, isn't there enough misguided rubbish being spouted by Police, CSO's and jobs worth security guards without fellow toggers spouting off when they are clearly not in possesion of enough facts to make an informed comment!!!! :bang:

i wasnt attacking him, i am a fellow employee of a different franchise and i know that any photos taken in DePhoto time are not of the photographers but of DePhoto. If the photographer owened them whats to stop him from selling them backhanded to the customer instead of dephoto. i'll put it this way, you've photographed lucy pinder sorting cocaine in jamaica, the daily mail want to buy the shot (illustration puposes only) and they want to be the only paper with this image, you wouldnt then put it on here because the daily mail would refuse to buy it as everyone has already seen it. If you are on a job for a specific company that company owns copyright to the images, you have no right to them unless you get it from the owner of that sed business - in this case being dephoto

i wasnt attacking him, i am a fellow employee of a different franchise and i know that any photos taken in DePhoto time are not of the photographers but of DePhoto. If the photographer owened them whats to stop him from selling them backhanded to the customer instead of dephoto. i'll put it this way, you've photographed lucy pinder sorting cocaine in jamaica, the daily mail want to buy the shot (illustration puposes only) and they want to be the only paper with this image, you wouldnt then put it on here because the daily mail would refuse to buy it as everyone has already seen it. If you are on a job for a specific company that company owns copyright to the images, you have no right to them unless you get it from the owner of that sed business - in this case being dephoto

I know where you are coming from and appreciate what you are saying...but none of the photos are really identifiable as to whom they are (so no chance of selling them back) and I take them merely for my photoblog!

The franchisee knows I take a few for my blog when I do a job for him, and is usually keen to see them as I get the shots that people wouldn't necessarily buy and that he doesn't really have time to do...like the pano, and the wide angle diving shots!

As said, they were taken in my time when I could have been at home!

Back