Critique Stormy lighthouse edit

LongLensPhotography

Th..th..that's all folks!
Name
[Censored] Fruitcake Bat
Edit My Images
No

I've started playing with this photo in PS, painting in higher contrast in the sky, working with the lighthouse, etc. What do you think about the current stage, and what (if anything) would you add next? I had some thought about ghost ship in the distance, lightning bolts (how do I do reflections?) and even making the lighthouse into a ready to launch rocket.

It is meant to look moody, edgy and surreal; not my usual bright and colourful view

Last edited:
Nice but have to agree, too central. Needs to convey the feeling of looking out to sea.

Watermark is fine by the way :rolleyes:

Is it mee or does the light house look like bender from futurama?

I like the pic, but like the others have said if the the lighthouse was to the left a bit.

I like that. I think the processing works well, and I also echo the thoughts regarding the placement of the lighthouse to more of an off centre position.

I also managed to look at the photo without feeling the need to give a snidey comment about the watermark, unlike Miss Personality a little bit further up.

Works well - what about the colour temp of the lamp in the lighthouse? Looks a little green to me - though could be this monitor :)

Back