Straw Bale Sunset

Name
Adrian
Edit My Images
No
I missed the best of the light and when I returned the next night to have a second go, the farmer had collected the bales :( so this was the best of the shots from the first evening.

I tweaked it and converted to B&W too so both versions here: -

Summer Landscape by Buck_68, on Flickr

Summer Landscape BW by Buck_68, on Flickr

Very nice. Particularly liek the B&W conversion.

Very nice. I like both, but prefer the colour version. The mono conversion is good, but there are some lovely tones in the sky. I think mono would have worked better if the clouds had been more dramatic (ie a storm on the way). On a side note, I just saw your 'harvest' photo on Flickr. It is excellent!

I am a fan of B&W but in this case, I prefer the first shot because it is almost mono-chromatic and is lifted by the sky. Does that make sense?

Like Norman, I'm usually a monochrome man but I do like the colour version as well.

p.s. They're straw bales :) Hay's made from grass.

Very nice. I like both, but prefer the colour version. The mono conversion is good, but there are some lovely tones in the sky. I think mono would have worked better if the clouds had been more dramatic (ie a storm on the way). On a side note, I just saw your 'harvest' photo on Flickr. It is excellent!

Thanks Damien - yes, the sky was a little bland for mono - would have been ideal with a bit more drama

I am a fan of B&W but in this case, I prefer the first shot because it is almost mono-chromatic and is lifted by the sky. Does that make sense?

It does. I think the light whilst not striking has given the scene a different look.

Like Norman, I'm usually a monochrome man but I do like the colour version as well.

p.s. They're straw bales :) Hay's made from grass.

Thanks Jim and I've changed the thread title!

i prefer the colour
many of them can be a problem...i would like a prominent one and let the rest fit into place
which is there...on the right
cheers
geof

Back