Street Photography

Keerthi, that's a nice set. The second lot are a bit dark for my taste, but maybe that's what you wanted. The last of the first lot is fantastic, even better with a bit of space above his head. I also very much liked the destitute lady sitting on the ground; something about the angle of her head, and also the contrast with the blue jeans person behind. Great work.

@ChrisR :- Thanks for your nice comments.. That was the first time i shot my B&W.. I will try to expose by +3 stop.. What u say?? Should i try that??

in my opinion.

1) the crop at the bottom is a little to tight and the guy walking behind is distracting. the shot also needs a little more contrast for me its a colourful shot and needs to pop.
2) I wont lie the woman in number 2 scares me a little haha.
3) the shutter speed was a little slow so you have movement. but not enough to seem intentional and the black area on the LHS a shoulder perhaps is distracting. that being said I like the shot but again more contrast and bite for my preference.
4) not much to say it just doesn't do it for me.
5) I like this shot but you'd have been better shooting in portrait mode and getting closer. the image doesn't look the sharpest but that may be due to the compression of the net.
6&7) they don't do it for me and they are to dark. im guessing this maybe processed this way?
8) this is my favourite shot, a tiny bit tight on the crop (RHS) and maybe a tiny tiny bit dark around the eyes but a good solid shot. makes me want to know what his story is.

Impressive - the lady in number two isn't begging - she is collecting her dues.
I hope you paid up

@barratt1988 :- Thanks for the comments... I will try to follow the procedure that has been mentioned in some of the shots...

@ChasG :-Ha ha..Yea after seeing me she started collecting her dues.. :)

Last edited:
Back