Struggle to decide

Edit My Images
No
Currently shooting with a D300 and D7000 with bunch of nikon lens which includes 70-200 f2.8 and 28-70 f2.8 and few primes. I also shoot with a Panasonic Lumix GF3 MFT with a 20mm f2.5 prime.

Xmas coming up and i can either upgrade the nikon body or upgrade the MFT body or buy a new camera to play.

My current nikon gear is good enough to do the stuff i want to do like landscape and sports (usually day time sports). The MFT is for vocation and street photo.

I can either buy a part ex my D300 for a used D700 body

or

Part ex the GF3 for a Lumix GX7

or

Buy a used Fuji x100 for the street and vocation stuff.

Hard to decide. I got around 500 ish to spend.

D700 - super image quality.

If the majority of your lenses are FF compatible, I would agree, if not then maybe the X100 could be a fun toy.

for landscapes and daytime sports you've got a decent enough combo, the mpix in the d7000 for landscapes and the speed/crop factor of the D300 for sports. I miss my x100, I sold it to buy a x-pro1 and wish I hadn't, awesome cameras. I'd probably wait until you can pick up one of the later generation FF Nikon's, with a high mp count for the landscape work.

Last edited:
I did think about D700 to replace the D300 but like you said the D800 price start coming down abit on the used market which maybe a better option in the long run. If D800 available then D7000 can be replace with that and keep the D300 for sports and crop factor etc.

MFT and the fuji x100 i was looking at is more for holiday vocation with family and street photography where a big dslr might not be ideal sometimes.

If is come down to Fuji x100 or Lumix GX7 i'm definite struggle to choose. Altho i really like the fuji x100 layout and the body, i use my dads x10 and i like that.

Back