Subaru Impreza STI 330S

Name
Josh
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys, had a friend contact me the other day to get some pictures of his Impreza before it goes up for sale.

He's over the moon with the pictures, just looking for some opinions from you guys on what's good, and what could be improved on in future.

A couple of pictures..

IMG_6401 edited by Josh Kneller Photography, on Flickr

IMG_6417 edited by Josh Kneller Photography, on Flickr

IMG_6500 edited by Josh Kneller Photography, on Flickr

The rest of the set (including some pictures of another friend's Fiesta ST and my ST) is here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/joshknellerphotography/sets/72157636016834314/

Thanks

Josh

- Composition is good, try turning the wheels hard lock so the faces are towards the camera.

- The locations are a bit busy in some like this one, with the boat, sandbags, containers, sign etc.
- Watch out for stuff growing out of the car, like the building.
- A CPL will help with reflections on the screen like number 3 above.
- Number 3 above is very dark on the side

Overall they are a bit flat. Try shooting at dusk / sunset when you can get some nice highlights on the car.

Personally, I'd have done more with processing, for instance with the sky if its cloudy I darken it and make the clouds more dramatic, if it's clear I saturate the blue. I also like to tidy up things like cracks in the ground, litter etc and clone out the tax disc.

Thanks for the advice mate, good to keep in mind for next time. I'll have a play about with the PP work on some of them to see what I can come up with!

Back