suggested good small strap for 5dmk3 and 40m

Name
thomas
Edit My Images
Yes
i use a blackrapid, and also have a optech strap , but find the optech strap to 'large' to carry around when i want to go light and easy, any suggestions on a strap i can use?

Can you ever go light with a 5D mk3, If you want lighter how about the original?

optech make a bunch of straps, you could go mirrorless sling then size adapter I guess

i just wandered what people use, both the straps i use are large and overkill i feel for the basic setup - i will keep looking till i find something :)

ive currently got the DSLR Optech strap - the larger one , be nice if i could find a more slender version of this taht would fit the clips ive got already, been looking on optech site and they do loads just be nice to find a shop with them to look at so i dont end up buying a daftly small one !

Have a look at the classic strap? It's about half the width of the dslr strap.
I always found the DSLR a bit bulky but the classic is about the same width as the canon one - still neoprene though.

I use the sling strap but with a longer connector than standard :) just a connector from there neck strap one set to be short...

Further to my earlier unhelpful post, how about one of these http://optechusa.com/envy-strap.html

Just bought one myself on Ebay for just over a tenner, pad is an inch narrower than the standard Optech and the moisture wicking properties sound good

Thanks for posing the question, you are right the standard Optech is a bit big especially on my Fuji

ah now the envy strap looks a good spot - does it use the same sized connectors at the sdlr strap ? makes changing easy then..

To answer my question - they do indeed fit.. actually think ive persuaded myself to get the extension sling strap as well so its a bite more 'flexible' for me when im out and about!

Was just about to reply before you answered yourself, one of the things I had to check out before buying

I also have the sling strap, attach it on both camera strap eyelets then unclip one when I want to bring the camera to my eye.

Last edited:
Optech Envy strap turned up Saturday (excellent service from Carmarthen Cameras) and its just the job. Well padded and about half the width of the regular strap, ideal for the smaller Fuji I use most of the time now

Back