weekly Summer's 52 - week 51 negative

Good work Summer, you done well for a first attempt at light painting (y)

Hi summer, just got round to commenting on your efforts.

Direction - for me the first one is the best. I think if you maybe got some more if the horizon in the shot it may improve the composition :shrug:

Fear - a great go at light painting, only just started to do this myself. The shadow of the cross is very well done (y)

Look forward to next 50!!!

thank-you for all the comments. getting the light right was the hard part, too much and there was no shadow, too little and there was no detail.

thanks Trevor :)

thanks guys :)

also a good idea to have your thread linked in your sig - makes it easier to comment on threads :LOL:

Love it!

Great start to your 52.

Direction - my personal opion is the 2nd one is better. I feel the DOF is too tight in the first one and would of been better with the metal going away from view.

Fear - I love this shoot, great lighting and as others have said the hollow cross shadow next to the solid cross is excellent. made me look twice (y)

keep it up

wardie

Both excellent takes on the themes so far. Well done! :cool:

thank-you everyone, I am more chuffed with the response ivan - I didn't expect it, especially as I have no experience in this area :)

Hi Summer...finally caught up with your thread ....'pologies for taking so long :crying:

Direction..

keep flicking between the 2 versions you posted & think , for me, it's 1# that just edges ahead.....like the shallow angle & the DOF...horizoon's been mentioned I think...right on theme so a (y) from me

Fear...

lovely image...like the color...the reflection of the cross is brilliant ...not so sure about the beads at the base of the book though...either more light to show them clearly or lose them...as a 1st attempt at light painting I takemy hat off to you....really well done :clap:

Look forward to seeing the rest of your project :)

thanks Lynne, this was one of a set and I darkened this one down a bit - you can see the beads better on the others. Now that I know how it all works I will try again when I have more time. It helps that (as an old hippy) I have loads of 'props' :LOL:

Summer,

Direction : I like the DOF in the first one, but feel that having the single triangle point away from the camera (not necessarily square on) and perhaps along a path or something would have really nailed it. I prefer the orientation of the second one posted.

Fear : A very nice interpretation to the theme.. The colour works great, makes it look candle lit. (if it was candle lit, that's even better of course ;))

thanks all

John I used a desk lamp pointing to the ceiling to mute it a bit, I might try it with a candle tho

Good start to your 52 Summer, I like the lighting on the Fear photograph and the shadow of the cross is a good touch, it certainly is impactive. I am not sure it really says fear without your explanation though, it might have been worth finding a page where the word fear may have emphasised what you were after. As I said though photographically (y) Iain

thank-you Sarah :)

Direction, like the idea, and think its all been said already.

Fear nice take on the theme and i also like the shadow, i would have liked to see a bit more light on it to see if the shadow could become more defined, and the rosary?? beads seem to be a bit lost

thanks Liz, I already mentioned why the beads look lost, also I tried different light levels, more light loses the shadow altogether, even just a fraction more :)

hey Iain thanks for your comment too, I didn't see it earlier sorry.

I couldn't really get the words on the page clear enough for the shadow to also be evident. The words inside are very small :) I only wanted to show that it was a bible. The concept was religion, ie 'god fearing' rather than the words I added. I think it conveys religion but accept that the god fearing part may be a bit too subtle for some peeps :)

this is my 'sigh'

something I think we all do at this time of year

may or may not be my feet :eek:

may or may not be my weight :LOL:

week 3 - sigh by moominmama, on Flickr

Just seen this on flickr and thought fab, and yes i can totally relate to the sigh in that

thanks guys. my original thought was to get someone trying a dress on that was too small, maybe get them looking in a mirror, maybe in a changing room. I knew I'd have trouble persuading someone to do it tho :LOL:

Great pic Summer,
It fits the theme perfectly, and we ALL feel like that after the xmas period is now over.

Chris

Mostly sighs but occasionally yippee :D. Great thinking and execution Summer (y)

Excellent idea Summer, and very well executed! Funnily enough, thats the weight Im aiming to get to :D

Great interpretation!

thanks all.

They're not my scales, I borrowed then from my daughter. I judge my weight by whether I can fit into my jeans lol.

Also, that's not my real weight, honest. :LOL: I just turned the dial up to give the pic more impact. I had to do quite a bit of pp tho as my feet are not very photogenic *cringe*

Hi Summer :wave:, my first visit to your 52 :)
I like your start, a bit to quick off the mark for me, i've only just got my 'Fear' shot up :eek:
Out of your 3 i am loving your direction shot with the bible :love:, one of my favourites so far, great idea and well executed to my eye.

Good luck with the next 50 oops sorry 49 (y)

Best wishes
Cliff

Back