weekly Summer's 52 - week 51 negative

You have come up with another excellent picture for the theme, going on the 4 themes so far you seem to excel on the even numbers. :clap:

Good description to.

Really likeing this weeks theme, lots of people getting some really lovely colourful shots.
Yours is very different yet still lovely and colourful. A fantastic shot and very artistic to.

thanks everyone, still haven't found anyone to eat him yet :LOL:

Hi Summer

Fear....yup , on theme & topical for this time of year.....I refuse point blank to step on my scales.....well scary :LOL:

Sweet.....love your text...very interesting....looks very tasty as well....think I might have used him for fear though as he's quite scary :) Good colors , like the light painting....noce shot & on theme :clap:

Last edited:
Morning summer and apologies for not seeing your thread earlier.

Direction - love the 2nd pic, good dof.
Fear - an excellent shot and love the lighting in this one
Sigh - lol that was one of the ideas I had but chickened out lol, really good shot
Sweet - another cracking pic, love the lighting and the colours

Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

ok we have week 6 - industry, and I still haven't had time to do secure! aaaggghhhhhhh

Last edited:
Very nice skull. Maybe a closer crop as has been said, but nice textures, colours and lighting. I like it. :)

this was a frustrating week - I asked my daughter to model for me, and although she said yes, we didn't get time. So I resorted to a clothes hanger :LOL:

week 5 - secure:

week 5 - secure by moominmama, on Flickr

thanks guys - lighting was my bathroom window :) - I have 'studios' all over the house :LOL:

quickly followed by week 6 - industry

I wanted to do hives but settled for this - the jar is one of those humane wasp traps which looks like an old-fashioned hive

the small tag is blown, but I have other versions on Flickr...

week 6 - industry by moominmama, on Flickr

Hi summer, two more cracking pics again. Love the lighting on the secure pic, and great pic for industry too....hmmm i need to get thinking about this week's theme.

Secure is novel and industry is one I like..yum yum!!

thanks guys :)

I like it Summer, when I read the subject 'Industry' my first thought was bees and a hive. However, I don't know anyone who keeps them and very rarely see one these days which is a shame.

Sorry for not commenting on previous entries but with 5 pages I'm not going to back track and simply comment from now on :)

Great shot for industry, glad you explained the jar on the right or I would have had to ask about it :LOL:

Secure, good idea. It looks a bit grey on my laptop and I wonder what a much closer photograph would look like.

Industry, busy, industrious bees. Nice. I'd like to see a wider photograph.

Well done for still being here (y)

Cheers.

Nice addition, not sure about the secure shot if I'm honest but I like your 'industry' shot.

Well done

Matt

Had a chuckle at Secure , especially when i glanced at what camera you've used and read 400D as 40D and i wont say what ran through my mind....

Industry , i love a bit of honey , but never had any that colour , but good shot though.

Cheers

Steve

You dont get much more industrious than bees, but for me, the shots too tight and in itself it doesnt say industry. :(

I'd like to see bees too but at this time of the year I guess they are fast asleep.

aw come on guys there's a bee on the label :p :p :p. You're just being picky innit...

seriously though, I will try to get a shot of actual hives this week :) :)

in fact, I shall be as industrious as a bee :LOL:

thanks for the comments everyone :)

Hi summer two different takes on the themes for the last couple of weeks

Secure - yep works for me and gave me a giggle, i like the lighting on it

Industry - is a cracking photo, that does take some thinking about to get the theme

Honey, made by one of the most industrious insects know to man, very fitting and thought out. ;)

Week 5 excellent novel take on the theme once again your lighting is spot on
Week 6 well taken good lighting again, as you said the tag is a bit blown but a well taken
(y)

Back