sun + porc

Edit My Images
Yes
A small selection from 1st round of PORC downhill championship 2014...lovely day...and dust in march...

comments, critique or little nuggets of wisdom always welcomed...

JB

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

1. The vignetting effect is OTT for my taste and doesn't work for me.
2. Nice composition, and the female spectators add something. The orange marshall's vest on the RHS is a bit distracting- but I guess you wanted to keep the same aspect ratio in all your shots?
3. Well timed and nicely constructed shot. It seems less sharp than some of your others, and I wonder if it needed a slightly faster shutter speed in an ideal world?
4. No strong opinions either way. There's some conspicuous lens flare against the boarding- not surprising given the position of the sun.
5. I really like like the lighting, minimalism, and impression of being on the limit it conveys.

Oh, and I know most of us bikers like bright shiny things, but your bright shiny ii10photo logos are a bit distracting. ;)
Be interested to see what settings 2, 3 and 5 were shot at?

Last edited:
1. I like it but would probably have framed it with the foreground blur a little further down, really nice though.
2. Quality, maybe a little too far to the right if anything
3. Awesome, maybe a little yellow?
4. I don't really like flash and the angle could be a bit better, maybe more face on to the drop to see the riders face?
5. Don't really like the processing but I'm sure a magazine would like that sort of thing!

thanks all for the constructive feedback...

on 1, was actually lying in a bush at the time, hence the green tinge on the tree on the right and the odd looking vignetting...in hindsight, using the leaves was probably a bad move as they were too close to the camera to give the effect i was after...

on 2, yep could crop closer, like the rider on the left, may be if there was more dust, the shot would have balanced more...didn't spot marshal on the right, usually am a stickler for them

on 3, agree not the sharpest, but for me a standout shot...and looked great on pinkbike's homepage..is a little yellow, but wanted to bring out the contrast of the depth of the sky against the bare earth...trying to change deepest Kent into somewhere more exotic

on 4, great spot on the light flare

on 5, makes a great desktop background

will post the settings for the shots later

JB

Back