Sunflowers at Sunset

Name
Jake
Edit My Images
No
Headed down into Hampshire last night to shoot sunset in a sunflower field.
I'm not to keen on this one but the other half seems to like it.
I welcome your comments.

Who could not like a photo of a field of sunflowers, the smiley face of the plant world.

You mean we let you into Hampshire Jake!;).
Is that the farm at Titchfield or Bishops mate? Thought they might be on there way over by now..
Nice shot, you were lucky with that sunset, tricky lighting there too.
Trouble is if you try and push the exposure of the sunflowers too much to give them a lift, it looks too false doesn't it (done it myself).

We'll done mate!

Last edited:
Oh such a pretty image!
The light is perfect.

Who could not like a photo of a field of sunflowers, the smiley face of the plant world.
You mean we let you into Hampshire Jake!;).
Is that the farm at Titchfield or Bishops mate? Thought they might be on there way over by now..
Nice shot, you were lucky with that sunset, tricky lighting there too.
Trouble is if you try and push the exposure of the sunflowers too much to give them a lift, it looks too false doesn't it (done it myself).

We'll done mate!
Nice image and lovely tones. Looks like you you took this at just the right moment.
Cracking shot Jake,I can see that hanging on some ones wall
I like it Jake.

Tricky lighting conditions!

T
Cracking shot Jake!
Think you have done a cracking job with the lighting. Love it :)
Oh such a pretty image!
The light is perfect.
Thanks all! It would appear maybe I was being a little hard on myself with this one!
Steve - this is the one at Bishops! I'm quite often down in Hampshire, the OH is at Winchester Uni.

Funny that my Mother and Brother are at Calne, I guess we pass each other often then!

I don't see why you don't like it. I even like the sky, but reckon you could do some work to keep the cooler tones in the sky out, maybe descrease the colour temp and increase a little the yellow channel saturation to compensate.

Funny that my Mother and Brother are at Calne, I guess we pass each other often then!
Haha we must do!
I don't see why you don't like it. I even like the sky, but reckon you could do some work to keep the cooler tones in the sky out, maybe descrease the colour temp and increase a little the yellow channel saturation to compensate.
Thanks Steve. It's growing on me!

Haha we must do!

Thanks Steve. It's growing on me!

It should, its nicer than the sunrise thread you posted. I'd give it a little crop off the sky, and reckon you'd have a really nice image you could frame, print and put up. The full range of tones is in that RAW file, get a bit more blue in the top of the sky and it'll sing.

It should, its nicer than the sunrise thread you posted. I'd give it a little crop off the sky, and reckon you'd have a really nice image you could frame, print and put up. The full range of tones is in that RAW file, get a bit more blue in the top of the sky and it'll sing.
See I disagree there, I really like the pre glow dawn shots in that thread!

I have looked at this a few times now and still can't decide, I love the bottom have of the image with the catchlight in the sunflowers thats great and exposure is spot on but the sky is throwing me looks a little drab and my attention keeps being drawn to the single cloud ..have you tried a crop just below the cloud ?.

I have looked at this a few times now and still can't decide, I love the bottom have of the image with the catchlight in the sunflowers thats great and exposure is spot on but the sky is throwing me looks a little drab and my attention keeps being drawn to the single cloud ..have you tried a crop just below the cloud ?.
Cheers John,

I see what you mean, I am going to reprocess this evening if time allows! :)

Back