Sunny Start (couple more, the next day)

Both are fab shots, the light is really nice! The only tiny criticism of #1 is that building on the horizon could do with being cropped out as it's a bit distracting as it's so small in the picture.

Thanks Steve. I also shoot a lot of wildlife, and used to often shoot both genre on the same outing. Recently bought a long prime (560mm). Not much fun carting that onto the beach, so the seascapes have taken a back seat. Felt great being the only one on the beach this morning on a "fresh" day ;)

Stu, I was in 2 minds in or out. Chose in, but I can understand you thinking I made the wrong choice :)

Last edited:
Stu, I was in 2 minds in or out. Chose in, but I can understand you thinking I made the wrong choice :)

That's fair enough, it's such a great shot though so I really was nitpicking. I'm in the NE this week with my girlfriend seeing her parents, and we are going to try our hand at Bamburgh Castle at sunset today, looking forward to it!

Hi Alan, I'm not even going to try and pick a favourite, two postings, four shots, all "Excellent". (y)

George.

Back