Sunrise at Flamborough Head

Name
Billy
Edit My Images
Yes
A set from a few weeks back from a very early rise at Selwicks Bay, Flamborough Head. I found my self a bit rushed at first trying to find a shot before the sun hit the horizon, and from then on the waves were an occasional challenge..... my camera remained dry, but my feet were just a bit wet....
All taken with Nikon D3200 and 18-55mm kit lens + Hoya CPL filter and Kood 3-stop ND filter (and a cockin ND grad on a few shots)......... I'm thinking of upgrading the the kit lens soon, the 16-85mm has caught my eye, but I'm tempted to want to go wider... any advice in what to upgrade to would be welcome along with any critique for these shots!

Lunar Pull by Billy Clapham, on Flickr

Sunrise at Flamborough Head by Billy Clapham, on Flickr

Forever Changing by Billy Clapham, on Flickr

4. An attempt at a "Animal in its environment" shot, after taking this shot I stuck on my 70-300 to try and get a tad closer, but at that point the herring gull stood on top of the stack decided to leave!
A Nest in the Elements by Billy Clapham, on Flickr

In Tidal Limbo by Billy Clapham, on Flickr

Natures Power by Billy Clapham, on Flickr

7. A shot facing in the other direction!
To the Lighthouse by Billy Clapham, on Flickr

(if you fancy reading some of my waffle, I wrote a blog post about these shots and more on my site as well: http://billyclapham.co.uk/uncategorized/battling-salt-sand-surf/ )

Thanks guys!

Nice set there Billy, consider the Sigma 10-20mm if your thinking of going wider.

Nice set and great results with what's considered entry kit. As for lens wise i would say get something wider than the 16-85.

Love no 5! It looks a totally different flamborough to when I go. I love flamborough ( thornwick bay caravan site a great place to be in October!

Back