Sunset across river

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
I took this with my DSH H9 a couple of weeks back when I was fishing with Rexhank ( joined yesterday) after altering some of the settings I think it was the OEV value, I was very pleased with the result as I hadn't got a clue what I was doing. I now have more of a clue after joining this forum and buying a few books on digital photography. I'm looking forward to taking more this weekend with DSLR when I get lens on Saturday :)

Comments welcome.

Would look great with the foreground cropped. Crop it approx along the middle axis. Lovely warm tone.:)

I agree with the crop suggestion Steve. The warm light adds such a lot of appeal to this, well shot.

I'm sure you will enjoy your new lens ;)

Mmmm yeah I see what you all mean.

This does look better :)

I've also cropped this one below

I'll now remember next time I'm taking them not to get too much foreground if it's uninteresting :) Thanks for all the imput.

Chiggs is bang on right and the edits are much better. I think it is a fabulous photograph, I like the scene,the tones and the colours,even more so in the edited versions.Well done............(y)

Spot on :) Cropped version looks great. Well spotted scene, as others have said, great tones and warmth. No.1 crop is my fav...Good old fashioned rule of thirds.

Loving this forum and your cropped photo of course..

Looks like getting to work on mine now before uploading, well done mate "you never know, we might even catch some fish next time"!!

Loving this forum and your cropped photo of course..

Looks like getting to work on mine now before uploading, well done mate "you never know, we might even catch some fish next time"!!

Thanks, I don't think we'll have time to fish next time we go fishing :) I'm taking loads of bird feeders to hang up in the trees to try and get some photos of the LTTits. The fish will be be a bonus.....

Spot on :) Cropped version looks great. Well spotted scene, as others have said, great tones and warmth. No.1 crop is my fav...Good old fashioned rule of thirds.

Thanks for the valued comments, we have been fishing at this venue for the last 15 years and have never bothered with landscape photos in the past, the lack of fish was the reason. I'm now addicted to taking sunset photos :)

Back