Critique Sunset on Southerndown Beach

Name
James
Edit My Images
Yes
Evening all,

I took this photo the other night as the colour in the sky was superb. What I liked about the image was the rock appears to be making it's way up from under the ground just like a tectonic plate (to me anyway). The puddle, in my opinion, add something in the way of colour and added foreground interest.

On the other hand, what I don't like is the footprints and general 'messiness' of the beach. That can be solved by a re-visit one day just after the tide has gone out.

What do you think?

Southerndown Beach
by vtrjames88, on Flickr

James

I like the colours and the rock + reflection, certainly. Could you give the sand 'portrait treatment' to smooth out/remove some flaws while keeping a natural look?

That must be the most photographed puddle in South Wales. I aim for it every time I visit :) nice shot..........

That must be the most photographed puddle in South Wales. I aim for it every time I visit :) nice shot..........
To be honest, it's the first time I've noticed it. I was originally sat on the cliff opposite but didn't really get anything worthwhile keeping so went down to the beach instead, where I stumbled across this. :)

James

Back