Super Yacht 'Barbie'

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
This superb yacht was in Skiathos. I'm told it's owned by the owner of Galatasery football club but there is no such information on a search. Accommodates 14 guests and 12 crew.

ekq1ox.jpg

2cz910g.jpg

'Star Clipper'..Used for cruises. Swedish. Anchored off Skiapolos.
2lmor5c.jpg

Thanks both.. It's probably roomier inside than you think,Richard so I'm sure you'd be able to squeeze those rods in..Lol.

Can you imagine having so much money..like Abramovich too..to own something like this ..the running costs must be enormous too.

Along the New Harbour quayside,further along were some really impressive small launches ,just large enough for four comfortably.

This superb yacht was in Skiathos. I'm told it's owned by the owner of Galatasery football club but there is no such information on a search. Accommodates 14 guests and 12 crew.
Your Google-Fu is weak, young Jedi.. .. the chaiman of Galatasery is Ünal Aysal, if you search using his name you'll find he's the owner of Barbie ;)

Alistair...Well, I googled 'who is the owner of Galataseray' and Wiki didn't show but showed a list of Presidents of which Unal Aysal is the current one…It also shows him to be the 34th President and to achieve that position he gained more votes than any other President in the 106 year history of the club with 2/3 of the total votes of 4009. I assumed this didn't mean he owned it..bear in mind I was told the 'owner' of the club owned the yacht.. Seems he's worth a $ 1billion. I then googled the question re,. Barbie with his name as you suggested and got this..I don't speak nor read Turkish but got the drift..Lol. http://www.kukreyenaslan.com/gundem/aysalin-barbiesi-h4384.html

Gary..I assume the anchor is on the sea bed..Lol. However, to be fair to you, in the first shot it can just be seen,maybe there's two.

Can you imagine having so much money..like Abramovich too..to own something like this ..the running costs must be enormous too.

I read in another thread on another forum tales of superyacht skippers monitoring as a row of fuel tankers arrive to pump diesel into the tanks, sometimes a six-figure bill for one fill-up. A recent documentary suggests there's a lot of one-upmanship going on, the need to get a better or bigger one just because you keep mooring alongside better and bigger ones. And then the difficulty of not being able to get into some marinas because your yacht is too big. Oh, the first-world problems.

I suspect I mainly side with whoever it was that said "if it flies, floats or [something else alliterative], it's best to rent it". Felix Dennis, I think.

I read in another thread on another forum tales of superyacht skippers monitoring as a row of fuel tankers arrive to pump diesel into the tanks, sometimes a six-figure bill for one fill-up. A recent documentary suggests there's a lot of one-upmanship going on, the need to get a better or bigger one just because you keep mooring alongside better and bigger ones. And then the difficulty of not being able to get into some marinas because your yacht is too big. Oh, the first-world problems.

I suspect I mainly side with whoever it was that said "if it flies, floats or [something else alliterative], it's best to rent it". Felix Dennis, I think.

Blimey..lol. I posted this 3 1/2 years ago. How on Earth did you see this, Massimo ?

There must be enough people with enough money then if there are enough of them to indulge in one-upmanship.I couldn't even afford the mooring fees :eek:.:LOL:

Last edited by a moderator:
Blimey..lol. I posted this 3 1/2 years ago. How on Earth did you see this, Massimo ?

There must be enough people with enough money then if there are enough of them to indulge in one-upmanship.I couldn't even afford the mooring fees :eek:.[emoji38]
To give you an idea diesel is around €860 per 1000L so to fill up so on the larger yachts you can br easily looking at €250,000+ and even in port you can be using 5,000L per day

Back