Superbikes 'Brands Hatch' Saturday

Name
Barry Price
Edit My Images
No
Well after looking at some of the weather up at Brands today (Sunday) it was just aswell I took a look up there yesterday.Weather was sunny to begin with with rain (Hail) towards the end of the day.Still had a good day shooting some of the bikes from around the Brands hatch Grand Prix circuit.
Shooting these very fast Superbikes is always a good test for Photographer and gear.......they really are very quick around the back of the circuit at Surtees,Hawthorns and Westfields were I did most of my shooting.....a few Images from the day......Cheers Barry
Canon350D - Sigma 80-400OS APO DG
IMG_4710copy.jpg

IMG_4597copy.jpg

IMG_4627.jpg

_MG_0047copy.jpg

IMG_4655copy.jpg

IMG_4707copy.jpg

IMG_4753copy2.jpg

IMG_4659copy.jpg

Great set - 1,4 and 6 for me. Its a shame about the dull grey plastic hay bales on the backgrounds for a few of them. They never seem to put the advertising boards in the right place and when they do put them up they usually obscure shooting.

Cheers

Nat
B->

1,4 and 6 for me as well... Great captures. :)

I dont think ive every been to Brands, but, did you have Pro-Tog track access to get shot 1+6 or is it just a great spectator location?

Thanks Guys,

Darryn.....shots #1 and #6 were taken from the inside of druids......its always been a very popular location for photographty at Brands......you get a clear view of the action......no huge fences on the inside.........you can get some good close in shots without having to have a really long range lens.I really like those close in shots and I slightly tilt the camera to the left to give that angle (Instead of having to rotate and crop too much) this is a public area.....Hawthorns and Westfield bends also give good clear views of the action aswell.
Nat.....I agree 'grey' doesn't help the Images but there's nothing really much you can do....just hope they run out of Grey bags soon before the superbikes come back!
With the racing being cancelled by the weather today.........will be able to get up there to shoot some more bikes in May when they re-run the meeting.......Thanks for commenting everyone......Barry

Good going again Bazza some cracking shots there I do like those superbikes catch em right like this and they do present fantastic images.

Cheers
Bill

Great shots Bazza.....of course Steve will get us inside of the track next year :naughty: no fences at Surtees to deal with

Thanks Guy's......had a good days shooting!......missed the snow atleast......I really enjoy the superbikes especially at Brands Gp Circuit....challenging photography too.....hopefully head back in May for the re-run........thanks for looking and commenting everyone.....Cheers Barry

Back