Surf Photography

Other than the first one, the other more distant shots don't do much for me since they just make the waves small and boring. I like the closeup stuff though :) It's the kind of stuff I'd like to try at some point.

I like the two close up shots, what waterproof camera did you use?
Thanks! I used a GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition and the GoPro Hero 3+ Black Edition in the water, I want to upgrade to a water housing for my dslr at some point though.
Great group of shots there too! 4 and 5 are my favourites, did you shoot them on some rocks or something to get the height?

Other than the first one, the other more distant shots don't do much for me since they just make the waves small and boring. I like the closeup stuff though :) It's the kind of stuff I'd like to try at some point.
Surfing is great fun to shoot in and out of the water, you should give it a go asap! would love to see what shots you get! :):

Thanks! I used a GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition and the GoPro Hero 3+ Black Edition in the water, I want to upgrade to a water housing for my dslr at some point though.
Great group of shots there too! 4 and 5 are my favourites, did you shoot them on some rocks or something to get the height?

Surfing is great fun to shoot in and out of the water, you should give it a go asap! would love to see what shots you get! :):

I've done a few Kite Surfing shots but there's not a lot of surfing around here

The hotel looked onto the beach, like a raised promenade.
The good thing about shooting skimboarders is the action is close to the beach, they were taken with a 70-200mm.

I like to get in the water to take pictures of my lad surfing, I've been using a Sony waterproof camera and a MUVI NPNG for video, but the Sony died in Florida.

Some really good shots there.:)

Back