TalkPhotography Day 2012 - The Slideshow

Flash is a dying product, and does not work with Apple nor with Android Jellybean as borh have said it is dangerous and causes crashes.
Shame but i cannot see the slide show.

Flash is a dying product, and does not work with Apple nor with Android Jellybean as borh have said it is dangerous and causes crashes.
Shame but i cannot see the slide show.

It is only the embed that is flash based, just use the link at the bottom of the post to view on mobile devices...

:shrug:

Last edited:
Great slideshow, glad to have been a part of it. Will look forward to the book!

I've been away a while so this was the perfect intro to what/who has been active and it was wonderful!

The variety of images couldn't have been bettered if someone had micro managed the whole project. The presentation was brilliant, enough time to view, not so much as to wonder when the next one is coming up (we've all viewed them ;) )

Good to see so many familiar names and their progress and ALL those new (to me) are just a great demonstration of the vibrancy of tp

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

oh no, can't get flash at work :( will have to wait for hometime...

Very good, some great work peps. Shame my name is incorrect though, missing the g off the end.

some good stuff in there.

Well done organisers and those who put it together. Most importantly those who contributed whatever your level of experience and expertise.

Was a great day for me, as 9th Sep was 6th Wedding anniversary and Sharon was 35 weeks pregnant... easy cop out option for a photo.

Very good, some great work peps. Shame my name is incorrect though, missing the g off the end.

Apologies Alby - was it correct on email? Will make sure it is right for future use.

We did have the submissions register, but it seems many missed it :( lesson for next year for moi...

Apologies Alby - was it correct on email? Will make sure it is right for future use.

We did have the submissions register, but it seems many missed it :( lesson for next year for moi...
No probs, what's a g amongst friends :D Some talented folk on here going by the slideshow, but hey I knew that anyway. ;)

Hi Joe,

We struggled to find a video/slideshow service that would be universal for all devices, and that didn't require huge amounts of bandwidth for TP. Vimeo limited us on upload filesize too - all in all we had to perform a balancing act...

Looks fine on my 27" iMac btw :) ...

Book hopefully coming in time for christmas too! - That'll be full HD (analogue!) (y)

anyword on the book matt ? - getting close to the wire for xmas

Is it just me or are a lot of the pictures quite "soft"

Edit: Just read the above.

Last edited:
Top job everyone. Some cracking images.

I also had a look at last years on the strength of this one. I'd like to have a go myself next year.

I've only just got around to viewing this. It's rather good.
It really does communicate the passing of a day (a very busy day!).

Well done to all involved. When's the next one? I'm inspired! :)

Mike.

next year at the same sort of date i'd guess

Well done people!!
Very interesting video...pleasure to watch!!!
Nice to see all put together in one video with being slideshow as well...

Hi all.

An update on the book. Matty and I have been searching for a suitable and reasonably priced book producer for the project. Unfortunately due to both my lack of time due to starting a new job, and the fact that the book producers we spoke to only being able to get a sensible price after a 50 order commitment, we are not going to be able to get these out prior to christmas.

If anyone reading this works for, or has a connection to a friendly picture book producer, please could you drop me a pm? I would still like to get a TPDay book out for this years day, as there was some utterly stunning images, and we can use it to build upon next year.

Thanks, and my apologies for not being able to get it going prior to the new year. :)

A BIG thank you once again for EVERYONE who took part, and all who have left lovely messages in this thread - I am already looking forward to TP Day 2013!

how many images were there in the end?

great video (y) loved the diversity of one day

how many images were there in the end?

great video (y) loved the diversity of one day

I think in the end there were 123 images, making it just ;) the most successful TPD to date, but TPD2013 is going to be bigger and better (y)

Back