TARDIS disappearing in the mist of time.

Ian D J

Michael Fish
Name
Ian D J
Edit My Images
Yes
Tardis.jpg

The photo was taken in one go using a model TARDIS in a dark room, a glow stick and my D7000, the only special effect was a bit of soft focus.

A nice little bit of light art there Ian, I cannot help but think a blue glow stick would have been the way to go personally but none the less it still works well (y)

Matt

Hi Matthew! Actually, I did have a blue glow stick but it was too faint to show up on the photo and once I adjusted the camera settings to make it work, it showed up the back ground and my hand that was holding the stick.

But, with your idea to mind, I have carried out this little tweak using Lightroom . . . how's this? . . .

Tardis.jpg

Hi Matthew! Actually, I did have a blue glow stick but it was too faint to show up on the photo and once I adjusted the camera settings to make it work, it showed up the back ground and my hand that was holding the stick.

But, with your idea to mind, I have carried out this little tweak using Lightroom . . . how's this? . . .

Tardis.jpg

Yeah that's a bit more like it, I suspect it's just because I tend to associate green with like a night vision view rather than alien, that adjustment to teal reall works, TBH glow sticks generally are not optimum for light painting really what you needed for this was some EL wire :)

I can actually remember real police boxes with the flashing light on top if the local beat bobby was wanted.
The used to have a phone in a cubicle on the side for the general public to contact the local police station direct.

Wow showing my age now

Last edited:
I'm pleased to say that was before my time. :D

Anyway, have taken into stock Matthew's suggestion and gave it another go where I used a blue "electric wire" (bought for £3 at a boot fair a couple of years ago).

TARDIS+II.jpg

Also, in my ten years of being into digital photography, this is actually the first time I've got around to using the RAW file format. I can clearly see why it is a must for serious photography as it gives much more room for adjusting levels in Lightroom.

I'm pleased to say that was before my time. :D

Anyway, have taken into stock Matthew's suggestion and gave it another go where I used a blue "electric wire" (bought for £3 at a boot fair a couple of years ago).

TARDIS+II.jpg

Also, in my ten years of being into digital photography, this is actually the first time I've got around to using the RAW file format. I can clearly see why it is a must for serious photography as it gives much more room for adjusting levels in Lightroom.

At the risk of looking smug as trust me I don't want to I do think that is by far and the way the best one, I really liked the idea from the first effort but that latest one is just perfect it looks a lot more like smoke now and the colour is lovely (y)

At the risk of looking smug as trust me I don't want to I do think that is by far and the way the best one, I really liked the idea from the first effort but that latest one is just perfect it looks a lot more like smoke now and the colour is lovely (y)

:D Glad you approve. That is what is all about for me, carrying on picking things up as I go along as well as trying to fire up the photography mojo again.

:D Glad you approve. That is what is all about for me, carrying on picking things up as I go along as well as trying to fire up the photography mojo again.

Got to agree, over recent months its been all I can do just to look at the camera let alone pick it up, I'm getting back there though and it will only get better when I'm able to get back on the road :D

Last one is amazing.

Back