Critique Tawny Owl

Name
Trev
Edit My Images
Yes
A Tawny taken at an organised Owl shoot on Cannock Chase, so this is a captive owl. Most of the time in this location she was standing upright, then she crouched down as if going to pounce on her prey and I managed to get this shot.
Comments and criticism are welcome.

TJS_0705_Tawny Owl_02-02-14
by Trev4 Photography, on Flickr

Thanks for looking

Captive Owl?? Cheat!!!!:p

Mind you, yer not the first!!

Thanks guys, your comments are appreciated (y)

The owl was from an Owl rescue and sanctuary. The chap who runs it brings a few at a time out for some local photographers. The donations we make goes towards the running of the sanctuary, which is a good cause I feel, and it makes cheating more acceptable :rolleyes: :)

Well at least you are wise enough not to take notice of that Bawbag Trev. Nicely captured anyhow and caught in a pose which is different from the normal captive shot which is a refreshing change.

Thanks guys, your comments are appreciated (y)

The owl was from an Owl rescue and sanctuary. The chap who runs it brings a few at a time out for some local photographers. The donations we make goes towards the running of the sanctuary, which is a good cause I feel, and it makes cheating more acceptable :rolleyes: :)

As long as you sleep easy at night in the knowledge you are an auld fraud:eek::D:D;)

Hey you!!!!! less of the AULD :p and knowing that you disapprove makes me sleep very soundly thanks :sleep: :D:D

Well yer aulder than me and at your age you'll be needing all the sleep you can get:)

Believe me Trev you will never win, he will just grind you down :confused:

Cheers Rich. You know.... with age comes wisdom, so I'll let him fire all his bullets before I use mine :cautious: I don't grind down easily :D :D

Cheers Rich. You know.... with age comes wisdom, so I'll let him fire all his bullets before I use mine :cautious: I don't grind down easily :D :D

Well by that parameters you must be very bloody wise.

I have never been to an owl shoot but must say it looks more of a natural setting than some of the events that I have seen, a nice detailed shot.

Well yer aulder than me and at your age you'll be needing all the sleep you can get:)
If you don`t shut your face you`ll be in a permanent sleep sunshine.

Nicely captured anyhow and caught in a pose which is different from the normal captive shot which is a refreshing change.
Thanks Rich.
Cheers
A really beautiful bird, captive or not :) - not bad photography either! (interesting how one eye is larger than the other - was she about to wink at you ;)
Russ
I think she was squinting as the sun was in her left eye but her right was shaded, but then, its a female so maybe she was winking, I have that effect on birds ;)
That's a belter Trev..
Cheers.
I have never been to an owl shoot but must say it looks more of a natural setting than some of the events that I have seen, a nice detailed shot.
The sanctuary owner brings the birds, 3 at a time into Cannock Chase, so we have the whole forest to select a perch/location from. It does make it look more natural, but I am not going to pretend they are in the wild, I'd rather be up front about the shot. Thanks for your comments.

Last edited:
Reactions: den
That's a beauty Trev

Lovely dappled sunlight and a great expression.

Back