Tay Road Bridge from below

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
No
Had to hang around Dundee for few hours so decided to head back to the other end of the road bridge and this time find a way down, success!

Enjoying the learning curve with the new D7100

Silver Efex used for conversion

9487012671_943b53c807_z.jpg

That works really well. I work a stone's throw from there.

Firstly it's nice to see the road bridge rather than the rail bridge and secondly it's nice to see the view from Fife towards Dundee.

Nice...... very nice

Thank you Daryl

That works really well. I work a stone's throw from there.

Firstly it's nice to see the road bridge rather than the rail bridge and secondly it's nice to see the view from Fife towards Dundee.

Thanks for that, glad you like it, tried this before at dusk but failed to get down below the bridge that time. Windrunner on here pointed me in the right direction and parking spot, must admit never noticed last time although very obvious this time.

Previous attempt...
http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=5492298#post5492298

I like that
Nice sky and reflection in the water
I take it filters were used?

Cheer Nick, settings and equipment used.... D7100, Sigma 10-20 @10mm, B&W ND110 tenstop filter, F16, ISO100, 30 seconds, Silver Efex PP

Cheers for the exif info Mike, thought it must have been a 10 stop with those nice skies......used to great effect I must say!

Been thinking of a Tokina 11-16 or a Sigma 10-20 for my landscape work, your image is a good advert for getting a Sigma!

Cheers for the exif info Mike, thought it must have been a 10 stop with those nice skies......used to great effect I must say!

Been thinking of a Tokina 11-16 or a Sigma 10-20 for my landscape work, your image is a good advert for getting a Sigma!

No worries, I love my sigma 10-20 f4-5.6 which i have now had for 3yrs, i cant comment on the f3.5 version of this lens but for landscape/architecture im on tripod and shoot around f11 upwards in general so not worth paying the extra premuim imo

I highly recommend it (y)

Last edited:
Hi, Cracking shot I like everything about it.(y)

Very nice really suits the mono

As mentioned above, nice shot. I do feel though that the whites/greys are quite dominant in this shot and that increasing the contrast/fiddling about with curves in PS would improve the balance and drama of the image.

Very nice really suits the mono

Cheers (y)

As mentioned above, nice shot. I do feel though that the whites/greys are quite dominant in this shot and that increasing the contrast/fiddling about with curves in PS would improve the balance and drama of the image.

Thanks for your opinion, you are the first person to mention this so not sure what to think, i spent ages on the conversion then a little tweak in PS to get the histogram to one down from clipping both ends and a nice balance in the mid tones, really wanted to show underside of the bridge but maintain enough shadow.

Back