1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. cartman

cartman

Name:
    Mal
    Edit My Images:
    No
    hello all, has anyone tried tesco photbooks, having looked at the layout options etc i think they look great, however, i have no idea of the quality of the printing and colour reproduction. i would be grateful for any advice
  2. potphotos

potphotos

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Not from TESCO, but I ordered a photobook from BONUSPRINT last year and was very happy with the result, as was my partner who hadn't expected anything like it. Quality of printing very good on good paper.
    I had to upload the photos and download some software, edit the photos (arranging, adding different frames, resizing etc) add text if wanted. Easy to do and quite some fun(!) and satification for a personal touch present.
  3. Andysnap

Andysnap

Name:
    Andy Grant
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I always use Blurb, excellent quality and price.

Andy
  4. BalSanghera

BalSanghera

Name:
    Bal Sanghera
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I have used tesco photobooks I wasnt massively impressed as some of the layouts suffer from alignment issues which I didnt pick up on until it was too late.

Print quality was ok, but rounded corners wasnt great. Overall cheap and cheerful you get what you pay for.
  5. jammy_c

jammy_c

Name:
    James
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
  6. AndrewA123

AndrewA123

Name:
    Andrew
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I agree, although I've not used their photo books, I have used them to print a few photo's in the past. Just your general "Another one for gran" type photo's and the quality and colours are OK, but I wouldn't use them for anything I wanted to keep on show. If i need a photo quick I have the option of Boots or Tesco. Tesco are about half the price but the quality difference is noticable, I tend to opt for boots if I'm in a hurry.

Another vote for PhotoBox here. I've used them and their prints were great! (y)
  7. jonboard121

jonboard121

Name:
    jon
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I have prepared three photo books and coffee table books through Albelli. They provide lot of options for canvas printing, photo album and photo gifts with great quality.
  8. DannyDMR

DannyDMR

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    haven't tried the photo books but i got a 12x18 poster print done and was amazed at the quality, wasn't expecting it to be honest and they print it in an hour
  9. medwaygreen

medwaygreen

Name:
    Richard
    Edit My Images:
    No
    I have had three Tesco photo books, two given and one sent and for the cost the quality is most satisfactory, that is not to say that there is not someone better out there, my daughter-in-law,s parents spent five hours in Tesco completing their,s, but it was very good indeed.
  10. hzv5wk

hzv5wk

Name:
    Brian
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I have used them a couple of times making use of the program you download so that you can prepare everything in advance rather than the online web creator. Spent a good few hours each time getting layout etc right and very pleased with the results.
  11. indiabravo

indiabravo

Name:
    Iain
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I like Smiley Hippo. Great quality books and quite reasonable. Plus, if you register with Groupon you get great deals with them for Smiley Hippo. My last deal was a book worth £27 for £3.50 plus P&P
  12. Pete Gl

Pete Gl

Name:
    Errr Pete?
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I can thoroughly recommend Aldi's photo books, excellent quality, they were recommended to me by fellow members of my photo club, IMHO a good recommendation in itself.

Pete
  13. zigzag

zigzag

Name:
    Andy
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Tesco books are ok for what you pay for them. But you can get much better quality at a much biugger price.
  14. iaincheetham

iaincheetham

Name:
    iaincheetham
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
  15. 33L

33L

Name:
    Lee
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I have used Blurb and just put an order through sim2000 (need to be a registered tog with them)
    Really like the blurb ones but tryin out their pro line range this time round, only a little extra than normal. Both have software to download and found them quite easy to use.
  16. draiman

draiman

Name:
    John
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    We actually did our wedding album online at Tesco and it turned out really great. Did one for the honeymoon instore and it was poor quality. Not a patch on the online one. Very disappointing.