Critique Test results

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all.
Well I got me new toy today, So I hope I will be able to take much better macro shots, sharper and brighter is what iI would like.
Here is 3 test shots, tweaked a little, colour curve and sharpened and a little crop.
Taken with the new toy, Tokina ATX Pro 100mm
Tell me what you think?

View attachment 28923
Raynox DCR 250 used on this one.
View attachment 28925
Just cropped
View attachment 28926

Thanks for looking

Very nice detail on the in focus bits.

#1 Dont know what aperture you used but the in focus front pencils are very distracting.

#2 Focus is behind the very front of the shavings I would prefer if the edge of the shaving was in focus so to give perspective but bokeh looks good.

#3 best of the bunch and very good composition.

So i would say you have a very nice lens there Graham enjoy.

Very nice detail on the in focus bits.

#1 Dont know what aperture you used but the in focus front pencils are very distracting.

#2 Focus is behind the very front of the shavings I would prefer if the edge of the shaving was in focus so to give perspective but bokeh looks good.

#3 best of the bunch and very good composition.

So i would say you have a very nice lens there Graham enjoy.

Thanks Bryn.
There is a aperture ring on this lens F32 with lock
#1, I was going for the black one in the middle. F14 1/30th
#2, Like I said, its a test :p F14 1/30th
#3, Thanks :):):) F14 1/15th

Cheers

Glad you like it Graham, I was pretty sure you'd like it so I guess you can put it down to a result.:):)

George.

Glad you like it Graham, I was pretty sure you'd like it so I guess you can put it down to a result.:):)

George.

Yes George I like it, its heavy ish and robust but its ok, seems to take nice shots too :)

Yay new toys! Don't worry if it's heavy it will help you build upper body strength ;)

I think you should take it outside and really put it to work though. Pencil sharpening are a bit dull...

Yay new toys! Don't worry if it's heavy it will help you build upper body strength ;)

I think you should take it outside and really put it to work though. Pencil sharpening are a bit dull...
Thanks Tim, I would take it for a bug test run but its cats and dogs out there today :( not to worry, I'll get out there soon, I can't wait :D

Looks good nice and sharp bet you can't wait till the bugs are out

Looks good nice and sharp bet you can't wait till the bugs are out
There is some that are out but weather is pants at the mo, either wind or rain.. rant over lol
Cheers Pete (y)

Back