Testing my new lens in Leeds

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
After about 4 months of deliberation I finally bought myself an UWA lens (Canon 10-22) and this afternoon was my first opportunity to have a go with it. As is usual for me the weather was appalling but I've never let that stop me yet.

Dark Arches by Pamplemoose, on Flickr

I must walk past this cemetery a few times a week but it's never dawned on me that it would probably make a good place to take pictures when the sky is being pretty moody

Graveyard by Pamplemoose, on Flickr

This lens is seriously wide. I think it's going to take some getting used to!

hi paul

what are your test parameters for the test
the shots are interesting but did you do some really hard testing on newspaper print at all apertures...on a tripod
and some blown up edge detail to see if the lens softened near the corners...lenses are round..
do you think it is better than any you used previously...if any

cheers
geof

I wasn't really testing the lens technically, more in terms of shots I couldn't get before with the standard kit lens :)

Did I see you walking down the Canal with it early yesterday morning? I cycled past a chap with a 10-22 mounted just before I got to town.

I like the dark arches shot, can always get some interesting photographs down there, plenty to go at.

I wasn't really testing the lens technically, more in terms of shots I couldn't get before with the standard kit lens :)

aha...i know what you mean now...same for me when i changed from a 17.5-42.5 to 12-45 kit lens on my lumix
it gave me a really better view...wider...and now i take most shots at that setting...landscape etc and indoors as you have done

cheers
geof

nice shots, i have the same lens - i pass the same cemetery daily but never bothered to photograph it. i will now.

Back