Testing my (not so) old gear

new2me

Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
Yes

Last edited:
Doesn't seem a lot wrong with them to me Neil.
I started out with a D200, it didn't like the sigma 70/300 at all, never worked well on it,
yet strangely my daughter loves it on her D80
What are you using now ?

Doesn't seem a lot wrong with them to me Neil.
I started out with a D200, it didn't like the sigma 70/300 at all, never worked well on it,
yet strangely my daughter loves it on her D80
What are you using now ?
Cheers Ingrid (y)
I'm still using the D7000 & Tamron 70-300, but have recently been thinking of getting rid and using a bridge camera for a while. I've seen plenty of good pictures with them and think having one might prevent me from taking so many expensive days out to far away zoos :D

My advice to you Neil is don't do it ;)
I spent a lot of money on one when I first damaged my elbow as I was unable to carry the weight of the
DSLR and really couldn't get on with it at all, a Panasonic Lumix that came with good reviews and seemed ok
in the shop.
However, although they have come along way on the shutter lag side of things there still is a slight one
which meant I missed some good shots and as for focusing in low light, forget it unless you can use the
focus assist light.
As soon as I could use my DSLR again I gave it away as I knew I would never use it again.
If you do get one at least hang onto one DSLR body, just in case

My thinking is that the shutter lag combined with my own mental lag, might lead to some more interesting shots ;)
For what i'd get for them, i'd be silly getting I rid I suppose, but i dont really like collecting clutter ... there's enough of that in my photo folders :D

PMSL Neil, I'll look forward to pics of animals tails as they disappear out of the shot :LOL:

Wish I'd hung onto to mine now, you could have borrowed it to see what you thought,
but like you I hate having stuff that I don't use cluttering the place up (y)

I'm guessing from the post code that you're in London village, otherwise you'd be welcome to borrow my 2 year old HS30 bridge Fuji. Not perfect but decent enough as a lightweight alternative to a DSLR and several lenses.

I'm guessing from the post code that you're in London village, otherwise you'd be welcome to borrow my 2 year old HS30 bridge Fuji. Not perfect but decent enough as a lightweight alternative to a DSLR and several lenses.
That postcode was entered in jest ( I can't remember what the joke was though :D )
Thanks for the offer though Nod (y)

As Ingrid said, not a lot wrong with those (for a Nikon user :p)

I'd advise against the bridge camera too,
(Think of the wire ;) )
But enjoy the challenge if that's the way you go (y)

As Ingrid said, not a lot wrong with those (for a Nikon user :p)
Cheers Chris (y) I have to admit i'm not particularly loyal to any make ;)
I'd advise against the bridge camera too,
(Think of the wire ;) )
But enjoy the challenge if that's the way you go (y)
I hadn't really thought of the wire tbh. One set of photos I thought were impressive with a £100 bridge camera were from Twycross and thinking about it, they would have been through glass. Maybe it's a challenge I dont need just now :D

I hadn't really thought of the wire tbh. One set of photos I thought were impressive with a £100 bridge camera were from Twycross and thinking about it, they would have been through glass. Maybe it's a challenge I dont need just now :D
Admittedly, you can get some damned fine images from bridge camera's
but they do have their limitations ;)

Really nice shots especially like the Sitatunga one of my favourites , they're especially nice in good light like your shot

Really nice shots especially like the Sitatunga one of my favourites , they're especially nice in good light like your shot
Cheers Pete (y)
Apparently it's a Nyala, which is a close relative and almost indistinguishable from the Sitatunga.

Oh thanks I hadn't heard of a Nyala before:)
They've not not been there and I assumed Nyala was just another name for Sitatunga.

That postcode was entered in jest ( I can't remember what the joke was though :D )
Thanks for the offer though Nod (y)

Ah! Offer stands if you're able to collect from EX4 (real post code!) Hoping (and will be doing my best) to make it up to Chris's next nutters meet at Whipsnade so could bring it up if you want a play and will be there.

Ah! Offer stands if you're able to collect from EX4 (real post code!) Hoping (and will be doing my best) to make it up to Chris's next nutters meet at Whipsnade so could bring it up if you want a play and will be there.
Hopefully I'll be over this little period of wonder by then and back to enjoying the capabilities of my D7000, but thanks again for the offer (y)

A D200 is old?!!!
With only 4 years interest in this hobby, it took up the first half of this period, so feels old to me ;) I should have said "Testing MY old gear"

With only 4 years interest in this hobby, it took up the first half of this period, so feels old to me ;) I should have said "Testing MY old gear"

When I saw the thread title, I thought it was about actual old gear like I have. Most of it between 50 and 75 years old!

Steve.

When I saw the thread title, I thought it was about actual old gear like I have. Most of it between 50 and 75 years old!
I keep forgetting that this hobby is new to me compared to others ;)

Back