that chap called Kerso

Name
urrrm.... Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
not sure where to post this so I'll try here.

I've been looking to buy a flash from the UK and have found some nice prices but Kerso comes well highly recommended so I thought I'd PM him.
after a couple of days, no response but I'm not in that much of a hurry...however, his Ebay shop has only one canon lens on it.
which is unusual from what I've seen before.
Does anyone know if he's on his summer hols or temporarily not trading for a wee bit??

thanks for any info.

i think he is on holiday at the moment

I can confirm that - he mentioned it to me last week and asked me, if anyone raised any dealys in his response times, that he's on his hols for a week or so! So apologies from Ian but his normal (exellent) service will be resumed soon :)

I believe he's descended from the serpent in the Garden of Eden.

He's constantly tempting me from the path of rightousness (according to my missus) with his cheap prices.:D

hehe

well my deadline is for a shoot on the 12th July, but I'll need it a week before as I'm on conference that week.
bah
will look at other avenues unless he's back and can delivery for the week ending the 3rd/4th July.

hope he has a good holiday
thanks for the info all

I emailed him for a price (unfortunately just as he was going away :( ) and the reply was that he was away from the 15th to the 30th - I also need my lens in early July as its for my hols so trying to formulate a back up plan just in case he says he doesn't have/can't get one for when I need it.

removed content

*Staff Note: We debated this post in staff room and have decided it falls outside the traders rules, not good sport to advertise in a thread about another trader..sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
There has been quite a few posts about Kerso recently - some of them mixed. So here is my view..

Over the last 12 months I have purchased a few things off Ian 580EX11, 70-200mm f4 and a 85mm f1.8. The service is the best I have ever come across and I use the net a lot to buy things. Goods often arrive within 2 days.

Prices are usually very competitive although the recent weak pound against the dollar has not helped. To be fair Ian usually acknowledges where he is good value and where not so much.

In summary a really excellent service and I will continue to use him in the future.

waiting for him to get back so I can order my 50D and 100mm macro :)

Hoping to get a cheeky 5DmkII and 16-35 2.8 off him touch wood!

David

If he doesnt get back to you let me know.

I have some more 5d coming in Friday along with a few 16-35mm.

Im sure we can help with a good price.

Stuart

Stuart does your kit have a valid uk warranty? I might have found somewhere for my friend to get oly stuff from the look of your homepage.....

does anyone have his ebay link? I'm after a 50mm macro lens for my sony a300. Would Kerso have any?

Anyone know if Ian is back yet? I've dropped him a message and yes yes I know what it's like when you get back from holiday but I *NEED* some new kit before the weekend or I WILL die :D ;) :LOL:

.......well not quite but I's incredibly desperate! :D :LOL:

Not had a reply yet to my PM, so maybe he's working through all his messages

Hopefully, he'll respond soon

Just had a read of his old posts and found this:
Hi, A big thank you to all on this thread.
I am on vacation 15th-30th June. Any orders that have been quoted for will be sent out by my sister once payment arrives or clears. I look forward to quoting you or doing business with you on my return. Regards Ian.

:( that's such a bumder for me because I need my kit by the weekend...

Back