Captive The Buachaille

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
No
It's been done before and will be done again many more times but these are two from my first visit to Glencoe this year . Both taken within a few minutes of each other - the weather changed within minutes in the howling wind .

The Buachaille by ChrisMarr, on Flickr

That Rock by ChrisMarr, on Flickr

Loch Tulla is a wee brucey bonus from the popular car park on the way up the A82

Loch Tulla by ChrisMarr, on Flickr

Thanks for looking :)

Chris

I don't care if ththe area's been done to death, you have captured it beautifully.
IMO you've captured the water perfectly....along with the mood.

The third image is just a little dark for my taste.

I do like 1 and 2. It's difficult to get a new slant on such as subject, on the other hand why should you?
It seems in a case like this to just take the best pic you can, in which you've succeeded. ( I have pretty much the same pic hanging up as a print in my dining room:) )

I'm not too keen on the third pic. The light is dramatic, the backdrop is worth a pic, but overall it doesn't have that wow factor to me.

Last edited:
Really nice....#2 is excellent (love the water colour) and lightening up #3 a tad might improve things! :)

I must admit, I keep having a wee look at no3 :)

Forget what I said about #3.....I've just looked at it bigger on flickr and it is really nice and dramatic and doesn't appear as dark as the small version on here. :) :)

Smashing set Chris and a great take on a popular location and that loch is fantastic love the subtle lighting

I like No 3 it's a real stunner. 1 & 2 very good but seen something similar to these many many times.
No 3 is one of those "moments" - being in the right place at the right time. I'd probably try to lighten the distance hills just a touch but overall one for the wall !

I'm getting serious "Lonely Mountain" vibes from the first two images, they're fantastic. The second in particular, capturing the motion in the water but still maintaining some detail and colour.

Nice and moody, bit different to the norm, I like the second, possibly being slightly higher would have put more space between the large rock and the mountain but that is being picky.

No 1 is let down by the lack of sharpness mid-ground and being a bit too dark in the background. No 2 however I like, maybe slightly too dark on the background again. No3 doesnt do anythings for me.

love the set chris i love number 1 and 3 3 is nice and moody

Back