The caterpillar is still alive!

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
I know they over winter as 'pillars before turning to moths in the warmer months, but this one was pretty active tonight, but it stayed still long enough for me to get a close up with 3 extension tubes on the 100mm.

Exif:
Copyright: Paul Iddon - A View of the UK
Camera: Canon EOS 70D
Lens: EF100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM
Exposure: Auto exposure, Aperture-priority AE, 4 sec, f/7.1, ISO 125

Paul.

Last edited:
Brilliant shot could do with being stacked or more a higher f number for more DOF.

But another nice and plump cat. You are feeding them well.

Not if you bumped the ISO too.... ;)
Yeah, but I don't like to use 400 if I can avoid it. I usually stop at 200.

Having said that, I kinda like how its limited. I'm a bugger for living narrow DoF, lol...

Paul.

Yeah, but I don't like to use 400 if I can avoid it. I usually stop at 200.

Having said that, I kinda like how its limited. I'm a bugger for living narrow DoF, lol...

Paul.

You Wuss.... I have a 500d and sometimes shoot at ISO 1600 lol...

70d should be good upto ISO800 with that brilliant sensor it has... but totally understand your preferences and at end of day its you who is shooting.

Now edit the above with a Santa Hat :D

Personally I like this shot Paul as it is, good colour, plenty of impact, with good composition, and for me it's nice and sharp where it needs to be.(y)

George.

Personally I like this shot Paul as it is, good colour, plenty of impact, with good composition, and for me it's nice and sharp where it needs to be.(y)

George.

Cheers George - differing viewpoints is why we do photography - always good to get such a variety of responses.

Paul.

Back