The Duffers.............

Hmm! If you wanna take a seagull pic, then 'Do it yourself'.

Black-headed%20gull%20003.jpg

Think this shot should be disallowed. Way too sharp and in frame - its trying to raise the lowering standard of this thread.

One of my latest efforts

_G2G2677.jpg

think the wing patterns are quite arty :help:

For me, its a duffer if you just cant get close enough. Any tips to that end would be greatly appreciated. I haven't got a Plover suit, i'm afraid.
Golden%20Plover%20%28long%20shot%29.jpg

Last edited:
This was a 500mm Ken. Learning the art of crossing open ground without being seen would be more helpful. I know,,,, i'll join the army. :LOL:

Was so excited when this Barn Owl landed in my feeding area during a snow flurry, knocked camera with one hand as pressing remote with other.
Luckily it stayed around, will post some better ones soon.

C

I tend to delete duffers on ingesting as I'd soon run out of space on my 2TB drives! :LOL:

But here's a couple of my recent duffers (from my recycle bin)! :puke:

5257448480_77bb502426_b.jpg

5257448542_0cb37b519a_b.jpg

Last edited:
love this thread (y)
Hi,

not sure if it's a duffer as it is exactly the shot I was after :LOL:

753016077_mP37v-L.jpg

Free raspberry to the first person who guesses what they are.

Mike.

PS: Exif - 1/25th @ F10 - what an arse lol.

Teal?

I believe this pose is called 'shaking a tail feather':

_G2G2798.jpg

No amount of sharpening could pull this back from the edge :shrug:

IMG_3529.jpg

This was so close to perfection, really really gutted that I just missed focus

236_059.jpg

Sorry Martyn but that image is still too good for this section :LOL::LOL: You must try harder! :rules:

This was so close to perfection, really really gutted that I just missed focus

236_059.jpg

Interesting usage of motion blur Martyn, must try this technique myself :D :exit:

No amount of sharpening could pull this back from the edge :shrug:

IMG_3529.jpg

Its a shame about the sharp branch (no not joking) I think that is very good (arty even) just spoiled a wee bit by the branch.

I had no idea this thread was still running. Shame I no longer take duffers!
:whistle: :LOL: :LOL:

I had no idea this thread was still running. Shame I no longer take duffers!
:whistle: :LOL: :LOL:

Takes great skill and resolve to take quality duffers Charlie :LOL: None of this sharp, highly detailed, in focus stuff in this thread.

My duffer from today - memo to self - remember to reset your settings when you've been playing doing other things... :bang:

spugs_duff.jpg

This Reed bunting was determined I wouldnt get him in flight, he nearly made it to the edge of the frame but kept OOF anyway :bang:
5486271780_8aa231ca79_b.jpg

Looking at this after, perhaps its a good job there's some movement blur. He's eating my seed but seems to be passing an opinion at the same time :D
5486272212_8e19069704_b.jpg

Robin exits stage right, Great tit enters stage left :wave:
5486272564_618477e462_b.jpg

Oh well, back to the drawing board :LOL:

You need to work on your reactions Trev, far too quick on that Reed Bunting ... it's all in frame :D

Err yes... check your left and right :LOL:
Thanks Ken, sorry to contradict you but I am correct (for once :thinking:) The prefix 'stage' changes the direction.

Extracted from Wikepedia. Linky
To an actor facing the audience, "left" and "right" are the reverse of what they are for the audience. To prevent confusion, actors and directors never use the unmarked terms left or right for the sides of the stage. Rather, they use a phrase specifying the viewpoint. The terms "stage left" and "stage right", respectively, denote the sides of the stage that are on the actor's left and right when the actor is facing the audience, while "house left" and "house right" are the reverse, denoting the sides of the stage as viewed by the audience.

220px-Stage_directions_2.svg.png

Thanks for taking time to comment Ken (y)

Last edited:
Not seen anything posted here lately, everyone must have got so good:D:D

Here is a couple of my recent upcocks that i feel qualify:

175.jpg

016.jpg

Second one is pretty obvious, 1st might test as regards ID:D

Regards Brian:)

Back