The Duxford Adventure 2014

Name
Etienne
Edit My Images
Yes
This is the first time I've really travelled for an Airshow... I live in Shoreham and I don't really consider going to Eastbourne travelling since I do it so often. I went for the Sunday show at Duxford to get those Lancasters together since they didn't fly at either of the above. Tickets sold out before I got there so I was parked on a country road with loads of other people.

Weather was a bit carp (like the fish) for a lot of the day but the sun poked out a few times later in the day which made a few shots more interesting.

I'm definitely trying lots of processing so I doubt it'll be to everyones tastes :)

1- This jumped out at me the moment I dropped the exposure a bit and saw the exhaust haze. I think I've got a slightly better re-edit where the body/fuselage is a bit warmer so it doesn't stand out but this was the first one I uploaded so I've left it there :)

Oil Spill Response... by Phal44, on Flickr

2- Lone Red Arrow with sun reflecting. The sky was very bland as you can tell so B&W seemed to help it pop

Colourblind Arrow by Phal44, on Flickr

3- Colours here were horrible due to cloud/smoke and having the sun in my face so more B&W!

Streaky by Phal44, on Flickr

4- Finally some colour :) I helped it along a bit in processing but it doesn't look too fake to me lol

Riding Into The Sunset by Phal44, on Flickr

5- A fairly simple and unmolested shot where mine are concerned :D Pretty perfect formation and nice fluffy clouds seemed to be enough for this one

Classic Red Arrows by Phal44, on Flickr

6- I'd gotten a lot of these planes at the other shows so I was quite happy to miss a lot of shots trying to get longer exposures. This was 1/90 as it went past to land and it came out alright

Day's End by Phal44, on Flickr

7- Hawker Hunter coming in to land over me. Sun was pretty bright behind the cloud so it was fairly well silhouetted despite my bumped up exposure compensation and the sky was bleurgh gray. I decided to have fun with the PP to make something out of an boring shot :)

Blue Thunder Hunter by Phal44, on Flickr

I've already posted on flickr... digging number 1, a lot!

Thanks :) when that thing turned up I was wondering whether something from Stansted had got lost lol. That shot was a pleasant surprise

It was IMO the best display of the show... Tighter than the BMMF... Spitfires!

It came in pretty low on one pass over the airfield! I got a shot of it between two trees

Back