Critique The Fence

Excellent (y)

The sky is too dark relative to the foreground. The lead in is great but the sky just doesn't look natural
Yep, very true. A little heavy handing with the PP. Although it is worsened by the slight vinaigrette I added. Thanks.

I like it, 1950's Hollywood. I wish I could do it.
Tends to lean from left to right and looks over-sharpened, but I still wish that I could do it.
I think the lean is the lie of the land... As for the oversharpened, very much so, in bed with tired eyes. Something I'll fix. Thanks.

nearly a central theme which i dont go for but your expertise in recognising fences etc as borders contain and enhance
its not a botanical shot so i think pp is quite in order...

Yep, very true. A little heavy handing with the PP. Although it is worsened by the slight vinaigrette I added. Thanks.

I think the lean is the lie of the land... As for the oversharpened, very much so, in bed with tired eyes. Something I'll fix. Thanks.

Salad dressing on your images will never enhance them :LOL: (Sorry, couldn't resist)

I quite like the shot. Agree that it's a tad over PP'ed.
I'd like to have see it shot from a lower perpective though....perhaps from lying down looking along the path.

As the light is coming from the right i would expect it to carry through but with the slight touch of vinqette has spoilt it a tad which made me look for other areas of PP but overall a good capture , i agree with the clouds too much those would look better in Mono.....cheers

sky is overdone IMO but a nice scene and love that sized crop, 3:1 is it?

Back