The forth rail bridge

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
Yes
Yes, it's an overdone picture but I do like it as a subject.

Converted this one to B&W and would like some pointers. Go on give me some advice. Constructive criticism or just plain criticism is welcome ;)

140813_1.jpg

Thanks Darren.

I took it when I started to get into long exposure stuff but that phase has started to dwindle. I'll maybe try to get into it again soon.

It's a nice shot Neil and I think it suits mono really well

I would like to have seen a little more of the metalwork of the bridge and also the full reflection in the water which would of made it perfect for me (y)

Nice shot, but I think it could be improved by moving 50 - 100m to the right to show off more of the bridge itself and make better use of that wonderfully reflective water. You might then also have got a bit more of the road bridge in too if you could find the right angle, which would be nice :)

It's a nice shot Neil and I think it suits mono really well

I would like to have seen a little more of the metalwork of the bridge and also the full reflection in the water which would of made it perfect for me (y)

Nice shot, but I think it could be improved by moving 50 - 100m to the right to show off more of the bridge itself and make better use of that wonderfully reflective water. You might then also have got a bit more of the road bridge in too if you could find the right angle, which would be nice :)

Thanks guys, I do have another somewhere that shows more of the metal work and the road bridge. I felt that with this shot I wanted to concentrate on the pillars more as they are often overlooked from pictures of the forth rail bridge.

I'll see if I can look out the other shots

Fair point Neil but I would of turned the camera more to the left for the pillars if they were to be the main interest as there is a fair bit of dead space to the right side

All this makes it sound like I don't like the shot when I actually do!

Fair point Neil but I would of turned the camera more to the left for the pillars if they were to be the main interest as there is a fair bit of dead space to the right side

All this makes it sound like I don't like the shot when I actually do!

I do agree with the dead space comment, I appreciate the feedback (y)

I like this but it makes my eyes go funny, it appears very soft or lacking focus

I also feel it would have been much stronger if the full reflections were visable.

Meant to say Lens correction to remove some of the distortion would also help make this better

The soft focus is something I'm trying to sort out. The problem is I use welders glass as an ND filter and its hard to get focus right with it. I should buy a proper filter for this stuff. I think I just overlooked the lens correction in processing

I do agree with the dead space comment, I appreciate the feedback (y)

The soft focus is something I'm trying to sort out. The problem is I use welders glass as an ND filter and its hard to get focus right with it. I should buy a proper filter for this stuff. I think I just overlooked the lens correction in processing

If using autofocus compose and half shutter to hit focus on correct spot then switch to manual focus so it cant change before then fitting filter (welding glass). Both LR and ACR for PS have lens correction options to reduce vignetting and distortion

: pedant mode on : It's the Forth Bridge : pedant mode off :

nice picture, I like the treatment of the water.

Be nice to see more water for reflections, BUT its still a verry nice pic (y),
Dave

This would look great on a canvas I think.

Back